Author Topic: 430 impact bar  (Read 1544 times)

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
430 impact bar
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Hi all i'm cutting my doors down on the weekend and was just wondering can you leave the impact bar in the door or do you need to take them out, would it get in the way of the window mechanism/lock has any one left them in?

thanks

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 430 impact bar
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »
I dont think you can leave it in. It is very tight in there when the window mechs are moved outward. The lower part of the runners neeed to be as far out towards the skin as possible to make the glass curve correctly inwards at the top.

Leaving the bar in isnt going to gain you a great deal since the door latch is attached to fibreglass rather than metal tieing it to the latch. In a side impact without the other end tied to the latch, it wont do you any good.

On the next one i will be trying to get the windows in and working with the rubbers fitted before bonding the outer skin if possible. I would maybe just screw the outer skin on till its all sorted. Depending on how far down you want it to go the outer skin may need a flap cutting in at the bottom to allow the window to come down fully.

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:15:37 AM »
yep the bar needs top come out as the window needs to sit far back as possible.

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 05:24:47 PM »
thanks, will take it out on sat... anything els to look out for when i chop the doors down....

Advert