Author Topic: AIG1355 Tarting Up Diary  (Read 30231 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: AIG1355 Tarting Up Diary
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:54 PM »
Did it pass the MOT¿

Have you got a finish date from the trimmers?

Looking forward to seeing it on the road!

nick355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2016, 10:18:52 AM »
Excellent work, that's going to look amazing, bet you can't wait !

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2016, 11:36:39 AM »
Hi Steve, not sure. I got the info by email and they have been on hols since. He did say that it will pass the MOT but with a bunch of advisories one being...loose dash. But its just to get it to the trim shop.The trim shop will be trimmania in Wokingham. Now furiously saving as I am sure it wont be a cheap trim.

Hi Nick  thanks, I am looking forward to getting it back, its so close now after 3 years and thanks for your help. The signal converters did the job. Have you made any further decision on yours?

Cheers

Rich
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:48:15 AM by AIG1355 »

nick355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2016, 12:03:59 PM »
Hi Steve, not sure. I got the info by email and they have been on hols since. He did say that it will pass the MOT but with a bunch of advisories one being...loose dash. But its just to get it to the trim shop.The trim shop will be trimmania in Wokingham. Now furiously saving as I am sure it wont be a cheap trim.

Hi Nick  thanks, I am looking forward to getting it back, its so close now after 3 years and thanks for your help. The signal converters did the job. Have you made any further decision on yours?

Cheers

Rich

Rich, glad the converters did the trick. I hardly ever use mine, but when I do I just think there's no way I can sell this ! So going to keep it for the moment. :)

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2016, 02:17:55 PM »

[/quote]

Rich, glad the converters did the trick. I hardly ever use mine, but when I do I just think there's no way I can sell this ! So going to keep it for the moment. :)
[/quote]

Glad to hear it. Would you consider doing a show next year? Thats my plan now there is a good chance of a decent turnout. I hardly used mine too, but to be honest I didn't get it to go posing round the streets on a weekend, it was the odd country blast but mainly shows. I guess when it comes back it will be used a bit more to take the kids out, the 8 year old talks about it all the time.

nick355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2016, 04:01:16 PM »

[/quote]

Glad to hear it. Would you consider doing a show next year? Thats my plan now there is a good chance of a decent turnout. I hardly used mine too, but to be honest I didn't get it to go posing round the streets on a weekend, it was the odd country blast but mainly shows. I guess when it comes back it will be used a bit more to take the kids out, the 8 year old talks about it all the time.

[/quote]

Hey rich, that sounds like a good idea. ????????   Yes I can imagine it makes it quite an event for the kids.

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2017, 08:01:09 PM »
Hi all,

I have a bit of an update on progress, or lack of.

Things have not gone exactly to plan so time has dragged on.

Following having the front inner bulkhead adjusted I asked for coilovers to be fitted. When the car was MOT'd the coilovers being fitted meant that the wheels were now hitting the bulkhead again so both have had to be re-done which has now been completed.

The trimmers decided they didn't want to tackle the interior as it was and no other trimmer was interested. So, the guys are having to fabricate mounts for the dash and the doorcards, this included adjustments to the dash support bar so the binnacle would fit better. The interior kit from Extreme is pretty poor in fit to say the least. They are now getting on well but its a time consuming job. When done, the trimmers have agreed to remove and trim the stuff (thankfully).

Looks like I may miss another season :(

A few pics.

Cheers

Rich

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2017, 08:26:47 AM »
Nice to see some progress Rich , it's looking good  :) jd

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2017, 07:53:03 PM »
Hi Folks,

Small update. Door cards coming along. These need to get sorted before the dash can be aligned. Some brackets had to be fabricated to fix the OEM door grab handles. The wiring has been re-routed inside the door and window switches have been sourced.

Just spent an absolute fortune on the OEM door openers to finish off the grab handles, hope the wife doesn't see the cost of those  :o, just got to get them dipped or similar as they are suffering from the Ferrari Sticky surface.

A few pics.

Cheers
Rich.

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2018, 08:48:14 PM »
Hi Folks,

Here’s an update, you can see why she wasn’t at Stoneleigh but is looking like she could be there next year.
The door cards are done had all the mods done to allow them to fit.
The centre console has basically been totally remodelled and profiled (only approx. 10% of the original left) so it fits, the gear linkage has had considerable reworking to allow it to use the gate.
The console is now in a position to be fixed in (had no fixings at all)
The dash now has fixings (as before it had none) and will just require some tweaking when the rest fits.
The radio is going where the airbag would be with a hinged lid. The HVAC control is going where the head unit would normally sit.
Heater duct mounts and the pipes to connect all have to be made from scratch but progressing.

Cheers

Rich

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2018, 09:13:40 PM »
Hi Rich
Great to see updates, we were talking about your car at Stoneleigh this year, and I have kept an eye for updates
That centre console looks great, will all the switches be working switches
Keep the pics coming
Mick

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2018, 09:29:06 PM »
Hi Mick, cheers, its all looking a better fit than I thought possible when it first started out. The guys have done so much work to sort the console out, if you look back at earlier shots of it, its unrecognisable.  There will only be one working button as far as I can recall. I hope I never have a need to use it....the hazard lights. :P

Rich

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »
Hi Folks,

Almost There!!!

Trimmer visiting the car at the weekend to assess the work required to complete in black leather.

Here are some dusty pics.

Cheers

Rich

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2018, 08:07:38 PM »
Looking fab rich  :). I'm hopeing to come back over to England for stoneliegh so would be great to catch up , jd

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2018, 08:06:52 PM »
Cheers JD. Hopefully I will be there. I just missed you this year as you were rushing off after dropping off those alloys.

Rich

Advert