Author Topic: Ferrari 360 JD Build diary  (Read 308359 times)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Ferrari 360 JD Build diary
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2012, 08:17:56 AM »
hi guys had a gud day on the car yesterday .all tedious boring stuff.ran all the new wires through the tunnel , extended the servo pipe and made up the rear brake pipes. took a video of the car running will post it up tonite .throtle cable and heater pipes next. cheers jd

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2012, 01:58:27 PM »
Hi Guys
Tried to upload video but it was too big, so i have now put it on you tube.
The link is http://youtu.be/jMh7QLPZ0do

This sound is with exhaust valves open, could be quieter with these working........ Or maybe not  :D

Hope you enjoy.
Cheers JD

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2012, 08:25:52 PM »
sounds fab, well done,

can't wait to see more photos!

have you got the panels bonded on her yet?

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »
hi mag, yes she does sound great, cheers . the panels are mostly done  leaving the roof for now till i do the door windows in case i hav to alter pillars and roof side as im defo going to put glass windows in the doors. also the rear quarters will need to come back off to paint the raer space frame properly . cheers jd  :)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2012, 08:19:50 AM »
hi guys not much progress lately still waiting on the rear spacers /adaptors .orderd some stainless brake lines the other day  ,they just arrived so will make them up and will b fitting them along with new front pads,over the weekend. cheers jd. 8)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2012, 10:08:17 PM »
hi guys got all the front brakes done and the braided brake lines , off on holls tomoro so hopefully my spacers /adaptors will b ready when i get back so i can get the rear suspension done and on all four wheels .cheers jd :)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2012, 10:30:06 PM »
hi guys , good news my spacers / adaptors should be ready for this weekend,typical we are away racing but should get good start on rear suspension next week. plan to take a week off work in next couple of weeks to get back on target cheers jd :)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »
hi guys gud news my adaptors are finished, collected them today, this means i can now start the rear suspension, had a couple of gud days on the car doing little jobs, but they all needed doing, made a bracket to mount the brain . also mounted the petrol canister under the rear wing . finished  the wiring to the rear lights just got to get some more small connectors ran out lol. will post some photos soon cheers jd  :)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2012, 10:11:02 PM »
hi guys had a gud weekend at donnigton kit car show  not as busy as i thought it would be  but managed to get a few bits i needed including indicators 4 headlights so can now get on with them soon as i finish the rear suspension  will post pictures soon cheers jd  :)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2012, 08:49:58 AM »
hi guys there dosent seem to b much chat on the forum  at the mo , so hopefully that means every one is working on there cars , or out driving them lol . think it would be nice to here from the guys with  cars on the road   could just help fire others up. anyway heres a progress report on mine,finished wiring rear lights ,managed to get hold of a couple of genuine rear looms cheep.made a new throtle cable so now i  can  rev it up from pedal lol, extended the wires for the radiator fans they now keep the engine cooling at 90 degrees when sat running in garage. plans will also include a new alloy radiator before she hits the road .made some new ends for the clutch slave and master cylinders so todays job is to make a new pipe up and bleed this .then will have a  clutch. then on with the rear suspension hav now got all the rose joints and wheel studs  will post some pics up tonight cheers jd  :)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2012, 03:47:36 PM »
hi guys here are a few photos up to date  got the clutch all piped up today just ready for bleeding. got the seats cleaned  looking gud cheers jd  :)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2012, 09:43:24 PM »
 hi guys had a couple of hours on car tonight , got the clutch all bleed up its working fine. welded some brackets on to bolt up the original alarm and fitted that. now start the rear suspension . cheers jd  :)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2012, 10:24:33 PM »
hi guys had a gud day on my car today , made all the wishbone arms finished 1 hub and assembled the drivers side suspension, got it all set up and tacked in place. looks mint, just shocker mounts to finish then weld it all up solid . then passenger side lol, will post some picks soon as shes done . cant wait to have it sat on all four wheels ,  soon be driving  then in my bodyshop  to start prep  cheers jd  :)

rogertheshrubber

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »
Well done mate!!..you'll be on the finishing straight before you know it ;) :)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2012, 10:35:58 PM »
must of missed these posts.. Great work :-) it makes all the difference putting them lights in.. lol I've got mine in too.

Steve

Advert