Author Topic: Ferrari 360 JD Build diary  (Read 308326 times)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Ferrari 360 JD Build diary
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 04:08:54 PM »
hi guys had a gud couple of days on the car again, got the front tub sealed primed and painted ,so thats the front end done for now.will carpet it when its finished.moved on to the rear, took the tank and rear axle out .marked up and started cutting out the rear floor .ran out of cutting discs so thats it till next week cheers jd . :)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 10:22:51 PM »
hi guys managed to get a bit of time on the car this weekend , finished the removal of the rear end dreesed it all up and started the rear cockpit bulkhead, incorperated a rollbar into it as well. picked up a genuine rear window a while ago off ebay, ready to fit.hear are some pics for anyone interested  :) jd

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
hi guys seems ages since i posted  been realy busy with customers road and race cars but did manage a few hours over the weekend .got the engine all mocked up in place plenty of room left  started the rear space frame  once i get it all tac ked in place i will post up pictures cheers jd .

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »
looking forward to these pic's :-)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 10:04:20 PM »
hi guys had another gud day on the car this weekend, got most of the rear space frame tacked up, mouted the engine made the engine mounts looks great.ready to pull the motor back out and weld it all up properly then finish the bulk head .will post picks up soon cheers jd

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »
... still waiting for these pic's :-)

sounds like good progress is being made.... keep it up

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 10:19:48 AM »
hi guys had a few hours on the car this week spaceframe just about complete,mocked exhaust up orderd some rubber mounts up for that . here are afew pics .hopefully ok as the sun was quite brite.cheers jd

GTOpower

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 11:56:02 AM »
I really admire what you are doing here and the engineering looks top notch. I wished I had gone this route during my build.
If it was me I would consider putting something in the rear with more substantial power than the standard PUG engine.
Have you thought about installing the Audi V8? this will have the sound and the power. Or do you have plans to tune the original engine?

Keep the pics coming.

dangerrous

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 05:00:29 PM »
Rear mounting the engine gives loads of tuning room, ie. supercharger, turbo. A 3 litre with forced induction is no slouch.

JD really interesting build, this part of a conversion always gets my juices flowing
D

GTOpower

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »
Rear mounting the engine gives loads of tuning room, ie. supercharger, turbo. A 3 litre with forced induction is no slouch.

JD really interesting build, this part of a conversion always gets my juices flowing
D

Turbocharger would be nice if you have spare cash lying around: http://www.dp-engineering.nl/EN/projects/406_v6_turbo.php

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 10:51:54 PM »
cheers guys plans for the future will see a supercharger once she has had a gud shake down .hopefully can get more done on her now the whether has picked up would like to see her sat on all four wheels by the end of the month. cheers jd

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
hi guys managed to spend some time on the car this weekend, the new exhaust mount came so made the brackets for them ,fitted the mounts and made up the exhaust  to the silencer looks great pics will follow. next of the boring jobs is to fit radiator and make brackets for that,then i can pull the engine back out and finish up the welding. cheers jd

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »
hi guys managed to get some time on the car over the weekend, boring stuff but just as important mocked up up radiator ready to make brackets .pulled the engine out and fully welded the rear spaceframe .just a few support braces from the spaceframe to the body to add and then finish up the cockpit bulkhead  .then the next step is to do the rear suspension. pics will follow. cheers jd any coments welcome if any interest :)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2012, 08:58:25 AM »
hi guys managed to get a couple of hours on a nite this week,finished one side of cockpit bulk head. also made and fitted panels either side of window,realy look great. cock pit window frame next. orderd some insulation for bulkhead. will post picks up soon cheers jd.

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 07:55:20 AM »
hi guys my dynamatt came yesterday so had a couple of hours on car got it all fitted looks great . also started the cockpit window frame .will hav photos on for weekend . cheers jd  :)

Advert