Author Topic: Ferrari 360 JD Build diary  (Read 308316 times)

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ferrari 360 JD Build diary
« Reply #375 on: December 09, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »
Thanx for your explenation! Grills look great!! What size of mesh did you use?!

Cheers!

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 10, 2013, 08:26:15 AM »
Hi dman it was either 11or12mill squares I just took the Oem  ones and matched them up ,cheers jd

Hi guys been toying with this idea on the petrol flap for a while didn't no if it looked to tacky or not but I think I'm going to modify mine , any thoughts guys here's a pic ,cheers jd

rascal360

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 10, 2013, 04:50:17 PM »
Hi JD I have been watching your progress with pleasure, your a talented man with cars.
As for the fuel cover badge, hard one it does look good on black or with carbon fibre, but im not sure on the red.
As a thought an alternative idea what about getting your daughter to do a shadowed or faded look logo for it, ie a darker red than car colour?
Or a clear one showing off shinny fuel cap hehe.

On side note reference to OEM 360 seats. Pug seat runner is 520mm outer edge to outer edge, OEM 360 is 460mm outer to outer so custom runner plate needed.

Keep up the excellent work.  ::)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2013, 08:44:11 PM »
Thanks for the imput rascal ,did u manage to get some Oem seats,

Hi guys more bodywork tonite she's slowly getting there,and I decided to bite the bullet and modify the petrol flap lol,here a few pics so far cheers jd

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #379 on: December 10, 2013, 11:37:06 PM »
Wooo stop!!!! I HAVE ONE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

You can have it for free no prob!!

It is a fibre glass one... I bought an OEM one because it was so cheap... LOL

Gimme your adress

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #380 on: December 10, 2013, 11:51:40 PM »
Hi JD I have been watching your progress with pleasure, your a talented man with cars.
As for the fuel cover badge, hard one it does look good on black or with carbon fibre, but im not sure on the red.
As a thought an alternative idea what about getting your daughter to do a shadowed or faded look logo for it, ie a darker red than car colour?
Or a clear one showing off shinny fuel cap hehe.

On side note reference to OEM 360 seats. Pug seat runner is 520mm outer edge to outer edge, OEM 360 is 460mm outer to outer so custom runner plate needed.

Keep up the excellent work.  ::)

Regarding the seats:

How is the floor hight in the pug? I heard some builders are experiencing problems with seats sitting to high in the car, because the roof is lowered... that where racing seats though...

What is your experience so far?

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2013, 08:04:35 AM »
Hi dman thank u for the offer well appreciate it  but I think at this stage there's probably as much time rebonding a new cover on as finishing this one however if I'm not happy with this one wen finished I will take u up on it if that's ok cheers jd .

As for the seats I haven't had mine in yet to try ,watch this space lol .

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 11, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »
Hi guys got the petrol flap finished today In-between jobs, will get some primer on it  tomorrow then I can c wat it looks like ,here's a couple of pics cheers jd.

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #383 on: December 11, 2013, 10:33:25 PM »
Hi dman thank u for the offer well appreciate it  but I think at this stage there's probably as much time rebonding a new cover on as finishing this one however if I'm not happy with this one wen finished I will take u up on it if that's ok cheers jd .

As for the seats I haven't had mine in yet to try ,watch this space lol .

No prob! Just tell me if you need it!

Is the unit of the ford electrically operated?

Cheers!

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #384 on: December 11, 2013, 11:02:09 PM »
evening fella.. now I do have some little ferrari badges like that somewhere, no idea where if I'm honest but I have.. lol  Have a look for ferrari tie pin or pin badge.. I think that's what I purchased.

It's down to preference in the end.. I've looked at it twice now, first time I liked it, now I'm not so sure.. lol keeps changing.

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 11, 2013, 11:21:27 PM »
Hi Steve ,I no what u mean I changed my mind half a dozen times lol,but I think its defo grown on me now,I've got a tiny chrome horse that I got with a shirt I bought in Abu Dhabi came on the label which will do the job, I think I will no better tomorrow wen I get some primer on it cheers jd.

Hi dman ,no it's not electric it's cable operated ,thanks again jd

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2013, 10:12:56 AM »
Hi,

Don' know how tiny your chrome horse is, I've got 2 that are around 2cm which I guess is a similar size to the pic. If they're a better size than what you have you can have them, just pm address and I'll stick them in the post.

Cheers

Rich.

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 12, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »
Hi Rich that would b fantastic will take u up on that if that's ok, I think the one I hav might b a tad to big ,thanks very much jd, ps just let me no if I owe u anything for them or for postage thanks again .

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »
Hi guys managed to finish the petrol flap off today, now it's primed and I can c the shape I'm very happy with it,I've just stoppered a couple off pin holes that were in it and gave it a second coat of primer ,the little horse I hav mite b just to big so will compare the one I get from Rich and choose the best one,cheers jd here's a couple of pics.

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #389 on: December 13, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »
Hi guys managed to finish the petrol flap off today, now it's primed and I can c the shape I'm very happy with it,I've just stoppered a couple off pin holes that were in it and gave it a second coat of primer ,the little horse I hav mite b just to big so will compare the one I get from Rich and choose the best one,cheers jd here's a couple of pics.

Come onnnn man!!!!! Stop it ok?!!? THAT THING LOOKS OEM!!!! You really pulled it out of the bag mate!!

Anyone needs a replica one off oem?! Got one extra spare!!

Lol

Advert