Author Topic: Ferrari 360 JD Build diary  (Read 308669 times)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Ferrari 360 JD Build diary
« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2014, 01:27:46 PM »
Hey Greg no probs mate .

Hi guys rang the guy about my tanks this morning, he assures me he's put them on a courier this morning and sent me some pics ,they do look mint well worth the wait ,iv had many tanks off him before and they are always excellent quality hence he's always busy ,here's a few pics cheers jd

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #616 on: May 21, 2014, 01:48:15 PM »
Wow. That is top quality welding there
Excellent stuff
This car is certainly going to be the mutt's nuts, not that it already isn't  ;)

ryanfox92

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #617 on: May 21, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
Cant wait to see this finished. Good work been going on jd!

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #618 on: May 21, 2014, 06:22:18 PM »
HUZZAH.. some shiny ali bits :-)

just got to wait for them to be delivered now.......

DB5F360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #619 on: May 21, 2014, 10:10:53 PM »
hey Jd those tanks are savage looking mate bet your well impressed its really coming together now for you the engine bay looking great also now im really jealous.  well done mate

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 21, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
Cheers guys ,hope to get tanks before the weekend as I want to get the engine in and running this weekend  fingers crossed ,
I Managed to get a few bits primed ready for paint tomoro,the battery box ,radiator brackets and the alarm box ,these will all get done black ,here's a couple of pics cheers jd

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 22, 2014, 08:59:06 PM »
Hi guys ,well talk about excited I'm like a little kid, my tanks arrived today ,so had a couple of hours on her tonite after work ,first i checked they fit ok, they do millimetre perfect I'm  well happy ,also got the battery box and a few other bits painted black this morning in between jobs  so I fitted some quick release catches to the top of the battery box tonite ,also fitted the freshly painted alarm box back on the car, then fitted the new exhaust gaskets to the genuine exhaust gave that a gud polish and fitted that back on the car, just got to bolt the tanks in properly once I do the pipe work then I can put the engine back in ,here's an few pics cheers jd .

GREGSCUDERIA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #622 on: May 22, 2014, 09:02:56 PM »
Not far jd amazing work

DB5F360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #623 on: May 23, 2014, 08:16:24 PM »
Looking savage Jd loving your exaust system think i nned one myself also
keep up the good work pal.

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 26, 2014, 04:42:12 PM »
Hi guys ,well I had a gud few hours on her yesterday before going out ,and the engine is in and wired up ,only thing I'm waiting on is a new fuel sender unit as they sent me the wrong one ,lucky enough it goes in the passenger side tank which I can get in and out ok with the engine in place,should hav my new rear springs this week also so she should be driving next weekend fingers crossed ,here's a pic cheers jd

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 28, 2014, 01:15:28 PM »
Hi guys quick update my rear springs arrived this morning and hav been told my fuel sender will be here tomoro  so looking good to get her all running this weekend ,can't wait to hear her running again ,I hav  primed and painted my engine bay panels Inbetween jobs also here's a couple of pics , cheers jd

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 30, 2014, 08:27:07 AM »
Hi guys well as promised my fuel sender arrived yesterday,I also ordered a new fuel pump and inline fuel filter so had a few hours on her last night as it was a lovely night, first I cut the hole in the tank for the fuel sender then gave the tank a gud flush out to get rid of any Swarfv then made a plate and some clamps for the fuel pump and filter to bolt to this will mount on the inner wing behind the side panel ,I then nipped back down the body shop and painted the rear top crossmember that the header tank bolts to  a nice silver ,here aa few pics cheers jd

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 01, 2014, 12:21:43 PM »
Hi guys ,well I had a full day on her yesterday fitted the new sender then fitted the tank back in , fitted the new drive shaft wich they made and turned  around in two days ,then I made a bracket for the fuel pump and filter and fitted that, then the moment of truth, she beat the key and fired straight up well happy ,il let the pics speak for them selves  needless to say iv got a big smile on my face cheers jd

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 01, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »
Some more pics cheers jd

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #629 on: June 01, 2014, 01:53:22 PM »
If anybody else says to me that replicas never look right, I'm going to load up this build diary and push their face through my monitor.
Top class workmanship there. You need to sit back, crack open a cold one and admire what you have achieved
Hope mine will turn out at least half as nice as this
Mick

Advert