Author Topic: Ferrari 360 JD Build diary  (Read 308320 times)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Ferrari 360 JD Build diary
« Reply #840 on: November 28, 2014, 06:34:35 PM »
Thanks for the great comments guys ,it Spurs me on to finish the little fiddly bits on these horrible dark nights ,well I got the wipers all painted today  and fitted them on tonight so that's another job off the list , spoke to my interior guy today and he wants me to pop over and check on a few things but he reckons it will stil be a couple of weeks as he's realy busy   Anyway heres a few picks cheers jd ,

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #841 on: November 29, 2014, 09:24:06 PM »
So what's left? Can't be that much can their ?

After watching you dash completely change I'm very close to doing something similar I think. The thing that was stopping me was the cost of getting it covered, I never thought a painted dash could look so good.  I will need advice on what paint to use and the procedure if you don't mind. I've got a lambo'ish dash that needs a bit of work but after looking at it again it's just the dash pod that I would need to work on.

can't wait to see what's next.

Steve

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 30, 2014, 03:55:01 PM »
Hi guys, Steve will be happy to help you with the process on your dash ,
 Well had a few hours yesterday and today sun was shining lol, anyway got back on with my handbrake calipers  I finnally got to small light weight motor bike calipers  but the problem was they were for a single brake disc not a vented one  ,so I split the caliper in half ( unbolted it ) and made two inch spacers for each caliper I then had to drill a hole through one of them on each side to transfer the fluid  also had to drill a counter sunk hole and fit a rubber o ring to make it fluid tight  ,anyway job done made some brackets for the drivers side to bolt the caliper on and fitted the braided fluid line ,just got to make brackets for pasenger side then give them a lick of paint  well happy ,here's a couple of picks cheers jd.

fletch100

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #843 on: November 30, 2014, 09:44:56 PM »
Hey JD thanks for the PM just finished reading through your complete diary... I can only say just one word to describe AWSOME. you have really done an amazing job. Been working on my car today too done a small video of the sound of my home made exhaust out of a length of rolled steal tube and couple of exhaust tips. Be looking to get the finish paint job done on my car soon if this works don't pay attention to the lines of my engine cover its not clicked down in place as it's just resting on the rubbers ;)

http://vid327.photobucket.com/albums/k452/leef100/Mobile%20Uploads/VIDEO0002.mp4

fletch100

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #844 on: November 30, 2014, 10:04:21 PM »

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 01, 2014, 08:30:50 AM »
Sounds great fletch ,are you going to keep it and do any shows when she is finished , would be great if all the guys got to some shows we might actually hav as many as dna owners club , jd

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #846 on: December 01, 2014, 10:01:58 AM »
woot WE HAVE A HAND BRAKE :-)  Nice job JD, again adopting something using your skills to do the job. :-)   

FLETCH where's your build thread? Surely you know it's compulsory to have a build / rebuild / tart up / go faster strips build thread if you own an Extreme?  And I too want to know if you are doing any shows when finished?  Like JD said it would be good to finally meet everyone and have a few beers !

phils99

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #847 on: December 02, 2014, 08:47:55 AM »
Sounds great fletch ,are you going to keep it and do any shows when she is finished , would be great if all the guys got to some shows we might actually hav as many as dna owners club , jd

LOL JD, DNA club is gunna be DOUBLE in size for next years shows with all the "West Coasts" being built!!
I wish I was rich!!

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 04, 2014, 06:32:05 PM »
Lol phill ,yes your probly right tho ,I do hope we get a few ferraris tho and Steve's lambo ,

Hi guys, well I decided to do a bit of nice easy work tonight in the warmth of the house lol ,started fitting some of the new carpet as my interior guy says some of my bits will be ready this weekend ,bad news is I'm away for the weekend so won't be able to do any work on her , any way here's a pic of the first bit cheers jd

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 09, 2014, 10:22:46 PM »
Hi guys ,well decided to hav a late night on her after work as I didnt get a chance at the weekend , first I covered the lower centre console in carpet and fitted that back in, then fitted the side bits of carpet and fitted the plastic side trims back in ,then cut and fitted the rest of the carpet ,I then fitted the upper centre console back in and the passenger side seat, wow what a transformation it's starting to look like a car inside again ,well happy heres a pic so far cheers jd

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #850 on: December 10, 2014, 10:31:16 AM »
That looks fantastic.
Trouble is, when we all have our cars ready for the shows, nobody will want to park next to your car
Well done Matey, I'm always looking back on your build
Really does inspire
Mick

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 10, 2014, 07:51:06 PM »
Cheers Mickey although I'm sure you will make an awesome job of yours ,

Well guys just back from a day out down at extreme, nice to put faces to names Kev and warren  had an amazing day also met Alex( aka alex 360 ) all nice guys ,extreme are great guys with great work ethic and enthusiasm for there products , and great after sales , and not a bad cup of tea either lol, cheers jd, ps thanks for the cheese burger to.

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #852 on: December 10, 2014, 11:47:28 PM »
looks outstanding JD, the red carpet really goes nicely with it all and the dash and them seats just finish the whole thing off. Have you got some rear quarter glass yet?

DB5F360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #853 on: December 11, 2014, 06:29:50 PM »
Bloody Amazing John like the lads said its going to be the envy of everyone at car shows and you will need some room for the trophies u will be getting, love the carpet to mate

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 12, 2014, 07:40:45 PM »
Hi guys ,thanks for the great comments I do agree the carpet looks fantastic in red with the cream leather seats ,still waiting on the rest of the interior tho the guys still really busy, iv been over to see him and he has started some bits so hopefully mite get some bits back next week ( I'm sure iv said this before lol ) anyway had an hour on her tonight and finally fitted the drivers seat in and the drivers door on yeeee looks like a complete car now , will post some pics tomorrow cheers jd.

Advert