Author Topic: Mirror Bases  (Read 2257 times)

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mirror Bases
« on: August 26, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »
This is a slight mod to the way extreme recommend building the mirror bases. Just thought I would add on here how I did it for info.

I used all the parts extreme supply, but incorporated the Pug mirror base for rigidity. The downside is that it may protrude slightly more than the standard method, but I like it.

Started by removing two of the extreme fixings.

Then mod the pug base to allow the 360 base to fit inside

Front

Rear

Both together on the car

Then the cover on the front

Then bond the cover onto the front of the pug base whilst it is in place (dont bond to the car) Then remove the whole lot, slide out the 360 base and blend the front and rear parts with fibrefill and filler in the small gaps to get a good finish

I didnt bond the 360 base to the pug part so they can be separated to paint the 360 base in the body colour. The back of the base is already shaped to fit the mountings so it slots into place and stays firm with just the one bolt. The whole unit is still removable from the door using the two original pug screws and the single new 360 nut and bolt. Although I didnt do it, you can add more bonder and filler to the front of the base to make it follow the contour of the upper door strip. (I didnt do it as the door on this grey car had been fitted badly with a huge gap which would have looked even worse if i had extended the mirror base)

Job done! (Old pug mirror glass is held on with masking tape as needed to get new mirror glass to stick inside)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:40:31 PM by Drew355 »

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mirror Bases
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »
thats a good little cheat and saves time too. Nice one drew

GREGSCUDERIA

• View Profile
    • Email