Author Topic: UK registrtion question  (Read 1949 times)

zanzara250

• View Profile
    • Email
UK registrtion question
« on: May 10, 2012, 10:15:35 AM »
Hi, i would like to do a personal project, for the frame/engine, installing the extreme body but in Italy (i'm from Monza) is impossible do this. The only way that i could take is to build the car here in Italy, register it in UK and than re-register it in Italy. Do you know an agency that can follow me in this process? Do you have an e-mail where i can write all my questions? I know that is easier buy a cpl car from UK, but i want the Murci and this model is very expensive when is ready to go!

Thanx in advance
Zanzara250

lambo666

• View Profile
Re: UK registrtion question
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »
you can buy an mr2 already registred in UK ,extreme can buy one for you ,which i think will be owned by extreme in the car registration papers,then extreme can finish the build and then sell it to you (in papers documents etc...) , so you drive it back to italy and you can get it registered because the car is already registered in another EU country,so there would be no problems , just keep the lambo badges off till you get everything done ,  or maybe take your mr2 to uk,sell it (just in papers) to extreme(you pay taxes,etc,etc ,) and let it there at extreme to build it, etc etc... when they finish,they sell it back to you(in papers) and you have a legal car .  rules in italy regarding kit cars are very bad, but there was some italian company and guys with ferrari replicas at the stonleigh show,and their cars had italian registration plates,so dont know,its possible after all. good luck and lets us know what happens

zanzara250

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »
Thank you for the answer.
Italian law is very bad, about kit car, but i know the  way to rrgister the car in Italy.
The problem is that i want to do a different car, with tube chassis+electric motor+motorcycle motor+body kit from extreme, so i can't follow the mr2 way. This a strange project and could be better that a specific agency will follow it, nobody know an agency that can do this?

String

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 09:53:27 AM »
First - You will need to decide whether it will be built using new or used components , depending on this you need Form v55/4 or v55/5 . On this form you only need to fill in the first few rows which are categories the vehicle will fit into, and engine number ( so you need an engine to start- but can be changed later).
Submit this form and you will receive a form with your allocated chassis number . Return this form once the number has been stamped into the chassis and the form is stamped by a garage confirming that the number has been permanently stamped into the chassis.
Then build your vehicle , and when ready go for IVA test , then you will be allocated either - a new registration number, age related registration number or original registration number if you use enough components.
 ;)

zanzara250

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 04:55:58 PM »
Thanx String, but i can do this or must be do from a person from UK? For this reason i would like to contact an agency. Is not a problem come to Uk two or three times, the only important thing is to register the car in Uk with all dimensions of body/wheeks/engine.

Advert