Author Topic: Just about to start  (Read 1880 times)

Rhausted

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Just about to start
« on: March 18, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »
Any of you veteran builders out there that Can help me with a few issues?
As some of you might know, everything about cars is fucked up in Denmark :)
Every kind of altering with the chassis(shortening, extending, removing and adding) pretty much Anything you Can do with a welder or an anglegrinder is ILLEGAL!
Also importing cars which has been altered, is ILLEGAL! And even cars which is 100% standard, gets an added tax of about 180% of the import costs..

So you might think:"Mate! Run while you can!!"

But there is still a Good marked for kit cars, if you Follow the very strict rules..
I recon that 355 reps are traded with Full taxes and registration, at about 25-30.000£
And 360's 35-40.000£..

AND HERE IS THE REQUEST!!

Is there any cutting In the chassis involved? Or Other things that might conflict with stupid rules? If you guys cant Think of any, I'll order the 360 build video, and take it to the law enforcement on that area
--
Rasmus

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just about to start
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:19:33 PM »
 :o just take a look at some of the cutting in the build threads, http://extremeoc.co.uk/index.php/topic,2333.0.html

just to worn you you cut the roof off a 430 and it's the same for the 360. about 7-8 inches comes of the boot and about 9 inches of each door (+ the side in packed bars get removed) ;D

The chassis does not get cut but you do cut a notch in the outer cill and the cill gets 2 inches cut off the length.

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 08:23:36 PM »
 :o

Rhausted

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »
Buggers.. :( absolutely no altering with the a-beam what so ever.. Think I'll have to order the vid and take it to the lawenforcement.. God i hate this place
--
Rasmus

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »
The A pillar is cut on the inside and pushed backwards and towards the middle of the car to change the slope of the screen if that is what you mean by A bar?

It doesnt sound like they will go for it if you arent allowed to cut into the structure  :'( :(

Advert