Author Topic: What size van  (Read 2239 times)

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
What size van
« on: April 30, 2014, 01:41:12 PM »
Hi
Fingers crossed, I will be picking up a 360 kit in the next few months. Going to visit Extreme hopefully soon.
What I wanted to know is
Would I be able to fit the kit in my Nissan Navara with a CarryBoy hard top fitted or would I also need a trailer ?
Or will it fit into my friends VW T4
Thanks for any replies
Mick
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:09:31 PM by Mickey_London »

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What size van
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »
I dont think you will be able to fit it in your Navara, I have had rear quarters, rear bumper and a few other bits in the back of my L200 all together but it didnt work well and risked damage. The last thing you want is to crack or damage your new kit. Also the rear frame is pretty big just on its own. I would say go for the biggest van you can get so you aren't forcing anything in (I used a 7.5t horsebox, but that was maybe a little excessive & we have it sat there anyway!). The best guys to ask would be Kev & Warren as they will have seen what everyone has turned up in to pick up kits & how well they fitted. If you are trying to keep costs down & have a Navara, maybe hire a big box trailer, they are only cheap to hire & you would have the Navara AND the box space to go at.
Good luck with it mate!

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 04:26:36 PM »
Hi mick drew is right don't think you will get it all in the pick up I used a Renault tragic van same as vauxhall vivara van and managed to get mine all in that  cheers jd

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:39:24 PM »
Cheers Guys
My friend has a long wheel base VW T4. Looks like WE will be going on a road trip haha
Mick

Tekkigizmo

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 07:42:48 AM »
Hi Mickey London, welcome to the oc. I'll be traveling up to extreme in a few weeks and I'll be using a lwb van to collect my kit this was on advice given by Kev for the 360/430 kits. Also in London by the way but north.
Regards, Cliff.

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 11:46:04 AM »
Hi Cliff
Spoke to my friend who has a LWB VW T4. He said he will come with me when I can go and collect.
I'm not from London I'm from Kent. My nickname at work is London   ;)
Good luck with you kit
Mick

Advert