Author Topic: Another one bites the dust  (Read 2573 times)

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
  • I dont know where Im going Ask me when I get there
    • View Profile
    • Email
Another one bites the dust
« on: May 01, 2015, 05:54:40 PM »
GUTTED.
It looks like I will have to pull out from purchasing the Extreme Lambo.
There are far to many hidden skeletons hidden in the closet for this one to risk.
Ok where do I start.
Firstly the V5 document. It's registered as a Toyota MR2 injection in Orange.
The colour is correct. It's orange.
But there's a MR2 turbo engine sitting in there.  :o and on the V5 it's an injection.
So the engine numbers are completely different.
Worse still. The chassis number is completely different as well.
On the V5. It's a completely different chassis number.
The owner does not have a single receipt on the car.
No history. Nothing.
When I dig deeper I dig up more skeletons.
So for 20k I get a orange Mr2 what ever you call it.
But how come it passed its MOT with flying colours. Sounds like a hooki MOT to me.
It passed its MOT as a orange registered MR2. According to my local test station it should have not even made it to the ramp.
So I'm running a mile of this one.

Anybody else got a Murci for sale.
I'm off to Stoneleigh to see what I can buy. Cash in my pocket LOL.  :o

What would you do when faced with these facts?  Buy or run?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:03:08 PM by APDevelopments »

GTOpower

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Another one bites the dust
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 08:32:58 PM »
Is that orange Murci only £20k with mot? Whats the sellers details?

GTOpower

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 08:36:24 PM »
Is that orange Murci only £20k with mot? Whats the sellers details?

Oh forget it, I just read again and you said the chassis number is different on the V5

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 09:51:53 PM »
I think you've done the right thing there. If you are not happy then walk way, it's a lot of money at the end of the day to risk.

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
  • I dont know where Im going Ask me when I get there
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 10:19:47 PM »
 I'm coming to the same conclusion. It's a lovely car but yes there's lots of problems with it. The main problem is that it's a Extreme Lamborghini Murcielago built from a Toyota MR2 Turbo. Firstly the engine is not the one on the log book. On the V5 it says 2.0I and the engine number is different. Looking deeper the chassis number is also incorrect. I'm still baffled how the owner got a fresh MOT on the car last week. If it's registered as a MR2 injection. Sounds like a hooki MOT to me. The only thing that's correct is the colour.
I'm not sure if it would be a investment or a grave yard.
Yes I'm going to stoneleigh Monday. Maybe there might be something there.
Many thanks
Andrew.

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 10:23:55 PM »
Yeah you need at least the chassis number to match.. Although from memory its actually located underneath where the screen sits. My cars not here at the mo so I can't check for you..

I'm hoping to get to Stoneleigh myself at least one of the days.

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 09:39:18 AM »
Hi,

Having read the other thread on the IVA (very interesting by the way and I'll be looking into this as mine is an MR2 on the log book and insured as a 355), does any of this matter if you intend to have it IVA'd and the car itself is sound even though maybe built from various doner parts?

Cheers

Rich

Lacie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 01:26:24 PM »
Having read the other thread on the IVA (very interesting by the way and I'll be looking into this as mine is an MR2 on the log book and insured as a 355), does any of this matter if you intend to have it IVA'd and the car itself is sound even though maybe built from various doner parts?

Its very much dependent on the situation because each car is assessed on its own merit. The big question is does your chassis number match the V5?

If it does but the car no longer has 2 original major components then you'll probably be issued with a Q plate. If it still has 2 original major components and the V5 matches the chassis you'll probably be issued with an age related plate. If the chassis number doesn't match the V5 there will be questions as to why it doesn't. You'll be "requested" (read that as required) to provide a receipt of purchase for the chassis that you have used in the build. Of course, you could remove the old VIN, make yourself a new VIN plate with the V5 numbers and inform the assessor/DVLA that the part with the VIN was removed/replaced during the kit build.

TBH its not really the IVA or assessor that's the problem if your car is well built, its the DVLA afterwards. Passing an IVA only issues you with a certificate to say the vehicle is roadworthy but it doesn't guarantee a registration. You have to apply to the DVLA for a new registration with a Vehicle Inspection Report. This is the application (along with the IVA verification) that will determine whether you receive an age related plate, a Q plate or no registration at all depending on the information and evidence you can supply.

In my experience, receipts have been pretty much key to the application - along with an accompanying V5 (in the case of Extreme builds) - they offer a way of proving that the car or any parts attached to it aren't stolen and the work performed has been legit. Receipts are apparently "not required by law" but at the same time the DVLA can refuse to issue a registration if you are unable to satisfy their questions.

Advert