Author Topic: Cerberus here we go.  (Read 155709 times)

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
  • I dont know where Im going Ask me when I get there
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cerberus here we go.
« Reply #585 on: August 25, 2018, 11:20:27 PM »
Now that I have taken delivery of my Fiero Factory MR2 355 I’m putting my lambo aside for a couple of weeks while I clean and service the Ferrari.
I plan to use the Ferrari as my daily driver.
Whilst both were on the driveway I had to take a couple of photos of me babies.
Looks great having 2 supercars together. My neighbors think im a complete nutter LOL.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 11:25:51 PM by APDevelopments »

autopro

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 30, 2018, 12:27:55 AM »
Car looks wonderful, you've really taken good care of her.  8)

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #587 on: October 07, 2018, 07:31:46 PM »
Time for a update.
Well we are now finally in October and 6 months of rubbish cold dark weather is looming.
Doesn’t give me a warm glow but haven’t we had a fantastic summer this year?
Since taking delivery of my Ferrari I have been paying attention to that but a few things cropped up on the
Lambo.
First of all I’m sure your all aware that it has been advertised on flee bay a couple of times.
My reason? A mate decided to put his Ultima GTR up for sale to which I’m very keen on.
If a suitable candidate came along with the cash I would have considered selling the lambo.
But fortunately there wasn’t. Thinking about it now I would have probably killed my self in it anyways LOL.
Jee there are some right jokers on ebay to say the least. It was so bad I’ve lost faith in the human race.
I’ve received insults, stupid offers and even a death threat. Yes you read right. Somebody wants to murder me because I own this car.
Ebay is now the last place I will ever try to sell any car in the future.
Anyways enough about that.
For some reason the lambo decided to spring a oil leak. Actually quite a bad one. It was pissing oil everywhere.
It was easily found. For some reason the cam cover decided to crack by itself. I guess heat caused it. For no reason there it was with a small crack in it. Oil was sweeping through the crack.
So I had 2 choices. Buy a scruffy replacement from the scrappie or get my polished one repaired.
Fortunately it’s aluminium so it’s easily welded. So I left it in the hands of Peter my tig welding man.
Within an hour it’s all repaired. So I replace the cam cover with a new gasket set. I give the car a good degrease and wash down to get rid of the oil mess the leak made.
Sorted.
The other little problem I had with her was I was driving along quite happily and there was a almighty loud bang come from the steering. I didn’t hit a pot hole or anything. Sounded like the tire blew out. I noticed that the car was leaning over with the passenger side front wheel pushed into the wheel arch.
At first I thought the coil over spring had snapped so once I got home I took the front wheel off to investigate. Nope nothing wrong with the spring. Looks like I needed to strip it right down. Once I had it all on the bench the fault soon made itself known. For some reason the camber adjustment had worked loose and finally gave up and slipped to its minimum setting. I soon had it re adjusted, fully tightened and back on the car.
Sorted.
I’m considering making a big change to the car this winter.
I’m tired of the 4 cylinder turbo. Don’t get me wrong it’s a good engine but it’s just not right. Yes it’s quite fast but is not very smooth. Loads of lag and you have to rev the tits out of it to get any power.
Now owning another m2 turbo it’s amazing how 2 cars with the same engine can be so different.
My Ferrari is much better. It’s tight and goes like stink.
This summer was hell when driving the lambo. It has no air conditioning so you simply cook inside when in traffic.
So I’ve been looking into a new engine for the lambo and fitting air conditioning.
Ok so to do this I could just buy a Camry whip the engine out and hey presto. Unfortunately it’s not that simple.
After having long chats with Paul woods at woodsport, because I want air conditioning along with the V6 upgrade it’s going to be much better if I buy a mr2 donor already converted.
This way I have everything ready. Wiring looms, engine, hardware etc.
So I need to find a suitable donor. Now we all know that these are not growing on trees. Finding one all ready really is rocking horse poop.
You wouldn’t beleave it. One came up. Yes it’s a lot of money and much more then you’d normally pay for any mr2 today but it’s ready to rock. It even has air conditioning.
I drove up to Birmingham to view the car and the owner took me for a spin.
I’ve never been in a V6 MR2. Oh WOW! what a difference. All that low down torque. It’s so smooth. Not to,forget the V6 sound when you give it some beans. It’s quite fast as well. Plenty enough for our roads.
This setup will transform the lambo into something new.
It will even sound a lot more like a Lamborghini. Especially when I straight pipe it  :o
I didn’t hesitate and soon placed a deposit.
I know it’s sad to strip a nice V6 mr2 for its parts but I have no other way to get all the correct parts.
I’m going to use 80% of the car by transplanting it into the Lambo. The last photos are of the engine bay of the donor mr2.
I’m going to fit the engine, gearbox, subframe, driveshafts. Basically the whole running gear. Also the dashboard, air conditioning system, clocks and the complete wiring loom, everything to get the engine and aircon working.
So for this project I’m going to need a few tools again. I need a new marquee tent do carry out the work during the winter. I’m also need a scissor lift again to get the cars into the air considering the engines drop out of the bottom.
As always the whole project will be right here so you all can keep tabs on my progress.
That’s it for now. More to follow soon.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:39:58 PM by APDevelopments »

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #588 on: October 07, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »
More photos

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #589 on: November 14, 2018, 10:40:55 PM »
Hi guys.
Today was a very eventful day for me.
As some of you are probably aware. I own the bright orange Extreme Lamborghini Murcielago which is running a MK2 Rev 1 1990 G reg turbo chassis and engine.
When I built the car I always aimed towards the bling and show of the car.
Which is why everything is polished chrome and polished aluminium.
As time has progressed I’ve been changing a few things and turning up the boost pressure.
So as from today everything is maxed out.
It’s a standard 2 litre engine with a standard turbo. But it does have a bigger intercooler and a oil cooler added but that’s it.
The turbo is maxed out and the wastegate is welded shut so there is no actuator or dump valve fitted.
I’ve been trying to take her to my local Dyno to actually see what’s going on performance wise. But every time the day came it was always raining.
Finally today it wasn’t raining and she went to the Dyno and boy it was a experience for me.
I’ve never actually seen what goes on under the bonnet and around the back of the car whilst the cars being put through it’s paces.
Firstly boy it’s loud and so it should be. It’s straight piped with not a silencer in sight.  :th:
Once things got going and it started to give everything it’s got the whole exhaust started to glow red and then bright red.
God that’s hot!
When the tester took his foot off it was like a afterburner coming out of the exhaust.  :yahoo:
The tester did 3 attempts giving it everything.
By the last test the poor clutch just couldn’t cope and started to slip.
It was a brand new clutch when I fitted the engine but it is a standard one.
Once all the testing was done it was time to let things cool down and look at the results.
So the results are 222.08 bhp and 193.63 ft lbs at 7k rpm from the wheels.
Not sure what this works out from the flywheel.
Not bad for a standard engine.
It’s not all good news tho. She’s running altitle to lean and there’s a slight misfire at the top end. Not to mention the slipping clutch because of the heat.
One things for sure. There’s no point in me fitting the Camry V6 in there. It’s not going to be any more powerful. Infact it’s going to be slower.
I’m not sure what I could do to improve on this. I suppose this is the limit of this engine.
I don’t know if I should opt for the 2gfe 3.5 V6 or simply stick with having a modified turbo lump fitted with some serious horse power.
Considering being a lambo power is the way forward

zxrjohn14

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 15, 2018, 08:01:17 AM »
That's a fair bit of torque !
I love watching things being thrashed on a dyno  ;D

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #591 on: November 17, 2018, 12:19:30 PM »
You should be able to achieve 300bhp without too many mods I thought. I did do a fair bit of reading back in the day on the MR2 forums regarding the turbo and increasing the boost. You may need to fit a bigger pump also. Anything above 300 and I was told they start then to become unreliable.  I would be chuffed if I get over 200 in mine :-)

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #592 on: November 20, 2018, 05:23:19 PM »
Well it’s finally going to happen.  :o

After having thrashed the arse of my Lamborghini on the Dyno I know that this reading is pretty much as good as it will ever get with this old engine.
Everything was maxed out with the waste gate closed permently. Maximum boost cooling etc etc.
222 bhp is the limit as even the clutch started to slip on the 3rd run.
So this finally made my mind up.

ITS NOT ENOUGH! ITS NEVER GOING TO BE ENOUGH!

This poor 2 litre has so much work to do to shift this big tank about so I have finally done it.

Yep she’s having a 2GRFE 3.5 litre V6 conversion.   :o

Rogue motorsport in Coventry are going to carry out the conversion.

It’s by no way cheap costing £11k to get this done. But the deposit has now been paid as she’s off for surgery in 2 weeks time  :o

According to rogue a nice figure around the 300 bhp is what they are aiming for with a shit load of torque to go with it.
This will finally make my lambo a proper quick car. With the V6 roar to Boot.
I drove the lotus evora with this engine earlier on in the summer and it was a rocket.

There’s a terrible stigma when you tell people it’s a 2 litre. You get OH!  >:( but 3.5 litre sounds more like it.
I will keep you up to date on her progress.

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #593 on: November 20, 2018, 08:28:46 PM »
wow... can't wait for the updates.   Very nice.  How long do they expect it to take?

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #594 on: November 20, 2018, 11:55:20 PM »
Sounds bad ass!! cant wait to see some progress!

4u2nv

• Going going gone !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 22, 2018, 12:41:00 PM »
hi mate . nice 1 . what are you going to do with regards to the brakes etc ?

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #596 on: November 22, 2018, 05:37:28 PM »
You guys need to go back to page 32 and scroll down.
I up rated the brakes March last year to Lamborghini spec.
It’s got 6 pot front and 4 pot rear calipers with monster sized discs.
They were supplied by Hi Spec motorsport and cost nearly 4K.
Fake brakes are just so crap. My baby’s got the real deal.
I’m glad I did because it’s ready for some proper power.

Rogue estimate that it’s going to take around 8 weeks to complete the conversion.
It’s the best time to do it as the car would just be locked away in storage until the spring.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:03:12 PM by APDevelopments »

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #597 on: December 06, 2018, 05:13:49 PM »
Time for a update.
Today was a eventful day for me and the lambo.
She’s finally gone off to Rogue motorsport to have her Lotus 3.5 V6 transplant. (Toyota 2GRFE)
As before I used the same car transport company to take it from my house in Maidenhead to Rogues.
This car transport company is used to dealing with supercars everyday so mine is treated in the same way.
As the weather is just rubbish at the moment the company cover the car over so it gets there just as clean as when it left.
The lambos partly stripped with the engine cover, bat wings, rear cover and rear grills making life easier for rogues to get access.
So she’s finally there so Rogue can get cracking with the surgery.
They have already been busy assembling my engine. Apparently it’s come all the way from America.   8)
We all love some American muscle.  :o
So I won’t see the lambo now till March.
I’m not to bothered about not having it till then as it’s winter and would be locked away till April anyways.
Last photo is one engine they have completed so mine will be similar.  :o
I’ve asked Rogue to send me photos of her progress so I will update here as I get the info.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 05:27:35 PM by APDevelopments »

DB5F360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #598 on: December 06, 2018, 06:40:42 PM »
Ohhhh nice
Bet u can’t wait for her to be done
How long is she away for

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #599 on: April 10, 2019, 11:49:34 PM »
Hi Guys.
It’s been a while since I’ve updated so it’s about time you had a update.
Those who have been following know that late last year the lambo was taken to Rogue motorsport to have a 3.5 litre V6 conversion.
Well to cut a story short it’s still there.
Rogue have really had there work cut out shoehorning this beast of a engine into the lambo.
The car had thrown up every obstacle possible.
It has been a mammoth task getting it all to fit but we are now nearly there.
There has been so many extra parts ordered from America so delivery times have delayed completion.
This conversion has caused so many problems there is no way I could have done it myself.
Only the knowledge and skill of rogue have made this possible.
The project has also cost a lot more than I had imagined costing well over £10k. So it’s goina hurt that final bill.
But if it goes anything like a lotus evora then it’s worth every penny.
The old engine turned out to be totally nackered. With a list of faults as long as your arm. It was past it.
So some sort of engine replacement was on the cards for a while.
When I visited rogue a few weeks ago I took some photos for you all.
The old engine out and in the floor and the new beast all fitted and almost ready to run.
Time frame wise we are heading for a completion time for just after Easter. So hopefully I will be able to have her ready for the summer.

Advert