Author Topic: tail lights  (Read 4348 times)

tony.essex

• View Profile
tail lights
« on: May 28, 2015, 05:52:37 PM »
Well at long last I should hopefully start my build in the next month. I have been busy acquiring parts. The parts I need next are the tail lights. Im lucky to have a breaker 40 minutes away but they only have the early lights available. going through lamborghini`s spares list the later ones are over 3k brand new. there was a company that did a limited run of replica lights $1295 Canadian for a pair but all sold out. As of now im fresh out of ideas. just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Alex360

• Extreme Owner
  • "You got a heavy foot"
    • View Profile
    • Acetech Security Limited
Re: tail lights
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 06:41:31 PM »
Well at long last I should hopefully start my build in the next month. I have been busy acquiring parts. The parts I need next are the tail lights. Im lucky to have a breaker 40 minutes away but they only have the early lights available. going through lamborghini`s spares list the later ones are over 3k brand new. there was a company that did a limited run of replica lights $1295 Canadian for a pair but all sold out. As of now im fresh out of ideas. just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Hi tony, welcome to the forum. CDRSkull is the best person to answer this, as he is just finishing his build

Cheers

Alex360

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 03:27:39 PM »
Hi Tony,

Sorry just seen this post. I'm using the original lights on mine which I paid £600 for the pair. I got them off eBay and I was looking every night (just had the search saved as a favorite).  If I come across any I'll let you know.

Steve

tony.essex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 08:56:19 PM »
Hi my internet connection`s been down for last few days. and I could not log in on my phone just would not let me. No they got the early lights in stock but I need the 640 and later type as I have the 670 bodywork. the other area im stuck are the grills front and back. I had to settle for original 640 rims as 670 are just to rare. they only produced 183 670s. Just going through all the parts I have accumulated over past year and should start build in next month or 2 cheers for reply though.

tony.

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »
Will you be posting a build diary ?   :-)

tony.essex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 03:49:50 PM »
I`ll do my best but Im going to try getting the engine and box done first which will take a bit of time after that I`ll rip into the bodywork. I know moving away from the original body work will create more problems but if it was easy everyone would be doing it. I only need the 670 engine cover. Got the front rear bumpers, exhaust cover, spoiler, rocker panels and front wings. still trying to find a charge cooling system suitable for the twin turbo set up. PWR just to expensive but looking at a site in America FROOZEN BOOST. the whole setup should be under a thousand delivered inc import duties. the lights I mentioned earlier are proving difficult new original ones are £2800 a pair all the grills are over 3k I checked the price of aventador ones the 2 front ones with the mounting kit £285. the four big expenses I foresee are the interior, brakes, suspension, and wrapping. Thought id be different. Im still weighing up the pro`s and con`s of which way im going to connect the engine and gearbox. Use an adapter plate which ill have to make myself or weld 6 extra lugs onto the bell housing. The later is looking the better choice at the moment.

tony.essex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 10:06:43 AM »
Hi to everyone
Been a while after what happened in 2016 I didn't have my mind on the job. Wham got hit by a bit of steel 9 months later walking again. Another year on and walking fine not even a limp. Went to workshop all as I remembered it everything covered in dust. Some bloke stuck his head in the door got talking. He noticed all my tools were snap on. Took 35 years to put it together. Then off he goes I go home next morning I go back to workshop something's different. Office door bust open storeroom door of its hinges. Open a few drawers on toolbox empty looking around no sign of entry along the back of the workshop are a line of containers but I was meet with this so it's now time to call it a day and part with the build.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:16:04 PM by tony.essex »

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 06:46:31 PM »
Why do you need snap-on tools for the build? there are cheaper ones that work fine, then only buy what you need. Appreciate you're gutted having them stolen, but don't let the thief ruin your plans.

tony.essex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 11:14:44 PM »
If you notice I said it took 35 years to put the tool kit together. I've been around cars all my life. Didn't buy them for the build I bought them for their ability to last. They didn't just take the tools I had my mum's stuff and brothers stuff stored there after their deaths. It's time to call it a day although don't have a limp it took the best part of 2 years to get better. They took a lot more than tools.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:20:26 PM by tony.essex »

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 08:47:42 AM »
Really sad news this Tony, nasty scumbags...  It's such a shame after all the time spent as well.   

Let me know if I can help in any way...

Steve

tony.essex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 09:54:21 AM »
Hi Steve
Just one of those things they saw me as an easy target. New when I was there and not there. I'll be sorting through things after Christmas and selling basic kit bodywork untouched but all 670 extras. I'll put it up on this site as anyone who is actually on here has an interest in building it not just flipping it for profit.

4u2nv

• Going going gone !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 02:47:21 PM »
sorry to hear this mate , is there no way back ? 

Advert