Author Topic: Timing belt cover  (Read 1529 times)

colin

• View Profile
Timing belt cover
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:20:42 AM »
Hi all has anybody tried to lower the 406 engine on its mounting to avoid running the car with no belt cover ?I am busy
fitting a belt kit and water pump as i dont know cars history, so now would be a good time to modify the mount if its possible.

cheers
  Colin

360brian

• View Profile
Re: Timing belt cover
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:04:12 AM »
Great question, I recently purchased my Extreme 360 and notice the belt cover rubbing on the underside of the bonnet, was going to modify the cover so its closer to the belt, and create more clearance seems easier than messing with engine mounts.

There's not much room under the bonnet, personally I think thats a quite a topic, optimising the space, getting the air to circulate, getting cool air into the intake whilst keeping the bonnet from getting hot (eg with reflect-a-gold or something?). I've temp fitted a K&N type airfilter and even that is right up against the bonnet underside.

What have others done?

Alex360

• Extreme Owner
  • "You got a heavy foot"
    • View Profile
    • Acetech Security Limited
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »
Hi guys,
Good points raised, I am probably going to leave engine mounts as is, and adjust the cam cover.
I also plan to utilise the main intakes from the front bumper, one to direct air into the k&n filter and mount an oil rad behind the other

Cheers
Alex360

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 10:10:15 PM »
Just checked mine, there's almost 1cm that can be shaved off the top, in that area. Am charging my dremel right now to get stuck in.

Advert