Author Topic: 356 mph world record  (Read 956 times)

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
  • I dont know where Im going Ask me when I get there
    • View Profile
    • Email
356 mph world record
« on: July 19, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »
I thought I should share this video with you all. For those who love speed as it's rather cool.
This is a amazing feat for any commercial passenger train to acheve.
French technology have spent millions and millions on there tracks and train systems. This is the result.
I do love the way the train starts kicking up dust when it hits 300mph. They had to use a jet plane to film it because any helicopter isnt fast enough to keep up.

For those who think the Japanise train is faster. Well it is but is does not count because it dosent actually have any wheels in contact with ground.

The only sad fact is that here in the UK we are lucky to hit 100mph before things start to fall apart.
Why? We are still using lines that were laid before world war 2. We are still using the old shitty HST locos from the 70s. And to finish off govement funding cuts. In other words our country won't invest in it.
The euro star is a perfect example. In France the train absoulty flys and hits 200mph regularly but once it hits the UK it's limited to 100mph because of our shit systems. If it was to open up it would derail.   :(
I've been a electrical engineer on the railways for years so I know what goes on. Shame really.

Anyway enjoy the video

http://youtu.be/EOdATLzRGHc

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:22:35 PM by APDevelopments »

Advert