Author Topic: Information  (Read 1278 times)

Tech Autos

• View Profile
Information
« on: March 08, 2021, 12:28:15 PM »
Afternoon everyone.

Im new to the Extreme brand. We have a customer who is looking at getting us to finish his kit for him. is there a build manual for the Lambo kit or is a free for all when it comes to building these kits. he is running a audi A8 4.2L V8 and gearbox to go with the engine (all from the same car) he also has the complete A8 for wiring and other systems.

Any links or information would be great befor i take on this project for him.

Thanks in advance for your helps

Dan

dangerrous

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Information
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 05:23:12 PM »
biggest issue are the doors.
I have a running audi v8 in my dna, it utilises the Vems ecu. There's a company that will alter the original ecu as a standalone unit for, I think, around £1200.
There's plenty of info on this OC, there's a building guide floating around, hopefully someone will come forward.
Darren

Tech Autos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 07:05:16 PM »
Hi Darren

Thanks for that. I should be getting the car this week to go through.

One of my big concerns I have it the rear subframe join to the rear bulkhead/firewall. It looks just butt welded on. Of course not seen it in person and only seen photos. But is that the way they are built? I’m used to the factory five range.

Thanks

Dan

dangerrous

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 06:35:54 PM »
the mr2 frame/chassis was modified to extend the wheelbase, the extra bits supplied by extreme were basic formed box section to take the new body, no one has ever praised the extreme frame that carries the fibreglass panels, so be ready for some questionable frame work. There are some Murci projects that had the framework reworked before mounting the panels, but this just escalated build costs.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 05:51:33 PM by dangerrous »

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 08:59:16 AM »
I drove an extreme murcielago and was expecting it to feel less rigid than a standard MR2 MK2 (from what a few anti-extreme cars people at replica clubs told me), but was pleasantly surprise how well it performed. I found the handling better than my old 355 replica based on a Mk2, it felt more planted.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:01:29 AM by 360brian »

Advert