Author Topic: Sparx01 build dairy  (Read 45099 times)

zxrjohn14

• View Profile
Re: Sparx01 build dairy
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2018, 09:38:58 AM »
Have you made any headway on this, Tone?

Sparx01

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2018, 10:56:01 PM »
I'm afraid being self employed just doesn't leave much free time.

I should be off Xmas day but don't think Mrs T will be happy If I start messing with the car.

Hopefully, next Sunday is the day.

Sparx01

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 25, 2018, 12:08:51 AM »
MERRY XMAS to all

Tone

zxrjohn14

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 25, 2018, 10:10:46 AM »
Merry Christmas, Tone, and all the best for the new year.

Sparx01

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2019, 10:11:12 PM »
Well it's been a while since receiving the car back from Jd but things have been progressing very slowly in the background.

I have had many conversations with Kev (extreme) and ended up ordering a new front suspension because the one I had, was from the original design and required massive spacers. Also whilst removing stuff, I thought what the hell, I'll replace the drive shafts, drop links & tie rod ends.

The next thing i'm considering, is whether to fit air suspension or not? My concern is how low the car is and the everyday speed bumps.

Anybody got any thoughts and advice

Cheers
Tone

xav_crack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2019, 05:55:04 AM »
Well it's been a while since receiving the car back from Jd but things have been progressing very slowly in the background.

I have had many conversations with Kev (extreme) and ended up ordering a new front suspension because the one I had, was from the original design and required massive spacers. Also whilst removing stuff, I thought what the hell, I'll replace the drive shafts, drop links & tie rod ends.

The next thing i'm considering, is whether to fit air suspension or not? My concern is how low the car is and the everyday speed bumps.

Cheers
Tone

Hi Sparx so do you know if this guys are still making bodykits? I'm very interested in the CLK DTM one they selled a long time ago. Do you know what happened to them?

Sparx01

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2019, 08:11:17 PM »
I don't think they are still in possession of the moulds but if i'm incorrect, i'm sure somebody will let you know.

Cheers
Tone

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2019, 02:31:15 PM »
Air suspension is the way, so you can have it sitting nice when parked, raise up for speed humps, and a little bit for driving, you might only need to do the front, so its cheaper and less hassle than doing all 4 corners (the rear pigtail spring cups need modifiying). Alex did a great job with his.

Cheers
Tone

Sparx01

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2019, 11:00:09 PM »
Cheers, Brian.

I think I am going to fit the new suspension just on one side in the next couple of weeks and see if there is enough clearance for the stanceparts kit.

Cheers
Tone

Advert