Author Topic: DMAN's 430 BUILD!  (Read 23479 times)

zxrjohn14

• View Profile
Re: DMAN's 430 BUILD!
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »
Have you looked at the race technology dash2?
They have warning lights and you can programme the dash for warnings if you wanted.
I'd be interested to see a picture of the setup you mention.

no not that one... is that also an app? Does it also have the ferrari look?

Ah sorry. I misunderstood what I read.
Not an app but a full on digital dash, nothing like Ferrari. I think they use them in the Ariel Atom and some Lotus.
I've used them on race bikes (zx10's) as you can put full Datalogging through them

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2018, 04:46:58 PM »
Realdash looks good,

I've been using this on my dash, in front of the 406 coupe instrument panel, fits well using the iPad mini (although this pic is not of the ipad mini):

With the the Supercars Speedometers app (handy MPH, as my car is in Kmh imported from Ireland, and not accurate anyway because of 19" wheels, also found the visual and sound alarm for over a preset speed limit useful). Only issue is it obscures the fuel and temp gauges.

It would be rather brilliant to have data on temp and fuel feeding into an app like Realdash, so I'm keen tyo see how you get on.

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2018, 11:04:42 PM »
hi Brian! thanx for the input. real dash actually has temp and fuel fed in.... the only issue is if the OBD sends the info about temp and fuel etc... do you know if it does? or anyone else?

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2018, 01:21:21 PM »
Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, the Peugeot 406 coupe (my 1999 model) outputs OBD1, which doesnt have all the sexy stuff OBD2 has. Its mostly error codes, so not much to play with. I was looking into gear change data, to wire an LED showing gear number, into the instrument panel and a few other things.

hi Brian! thanx for the input. real dash actually has temp and fuel fed in.... the only issue is if the OBD sends the info about temp and fuel etc... do you know if it does? or anyone else?

4u2nv

• Going going gone !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2018, 08:29:01 PM »
Love that , may see if I can mod this for my car :)

ChristiaanN

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2019, 06:40:05 PM »
Any update?

When I tried dashboard programes connected to OBD2 they were quite slow in responding

Advert