Author Topic: Paul’s ANUDIMENSION Porsche GTB Build  (Read 81946 times)

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Paul’s ANUDIMENSION Porsche GTB Build
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2016, 04:10:16 PM »
Great progress mate!! After the holliday i'll catch up with this one! Cheers!

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2016, 06:30:55 AM »
Time for a long overdue update on progress….

In the boot of the car I have nearly finished the repositioning of the water tank. I found the desired position and then fixed the tank in place via brackets and the use of rivnuts to make it more secure and removable if need be. I also added a brace at the rear to stop it moving about. It is now very solid

I’ve also started to add the breather pipes and also the main water pipe that goes into the engine bay. Juts need to add all the hose clips to keep it in place.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:37:21 AM by Paul79 »

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2016, 06:54:58 AM »
Back to the radiators and moving them forwards.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:44:35 AM by Paul79 »

Cheets

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2016, 04:05:10 PM »
looking good bud  ;)

seriph

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2016, 11:44:57 PM »
Hey mate .... I'm finally here! I've been through your entire thread so far and it is bloody awesome! I will be observing with relish (or maybe mayonnaise) ... I wonder how long it will be before some lunatic puts in a panoramic glass roof :D

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2017, 09:25:05 PM »
Evening Guys

Well I am sorry it has been so long since the last update. I checked and it’s been nearly a month! Very unlike me… anyway, rest assured I have been doing work and the car is now in the safe hands of Roland at  ANu Dimension, who’ll is fitting the body kit for me. The car was delivered to him last Saturday, but I have a few bits prior to this to update you on….

So to back track, now both radiators have been moved forward around 5cm to make way for the bigger wheels, plus I have also installed a new air con radiator on each side as well. Below are some pictures of the passenger side radiator being moved forward.

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2017, 09:27:59 PM »
You also have to move the fuel box slightly back at the rear of the driver front wheel, in case it hits are new bigger wheels. This is a case of removing it from it’s bracket and then pushing it back and mounting it back on the same bracket, but from behind. I can be secured with a teck screw

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2017, 09:31:00 PM »
On rear of the car I finally finished the set up for the pipes on the water unit/oil filler. I also extended the wiring for the water level senor as the whole unit is much further back now

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2017, 09:33:27 PM »
So here is the car ready to go for it's new clothes. A bit Mad Max eh?  ;D

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »
Just another thing to update you on, although not part of the build, it is car related and you might like what I did…I was a bit chuffed as well that it actually worked…..

It is to do with the fence in my rear garden: When I had the lodge built in the summer and the fence, the idea was that 2 of the fence posts were removable. This was to give me space to move the car around; I could remove a lot of the fencing temporarily so I have lots of room to move the car around on the grass.

However, it turns out the posts didn’t come out of the metal posts the builder had used as they had expanded (like wood does).  He did also think I was mad when I told him what I wanted doing! When I got the car in the back garden the first time, I managed to remove one wooden post but I had to pull about a ton of concrete along with removing the block paving. Not ideal and hard work.  Getting the car out again last week, I had to do the same, but it was even harder to move the car around.

This got me thinking. When the car comes back with the kit on it is going to be wider so even more difficult to get the car in. So I had the idea to make the posts properly removable, so that when out, there is no trace of them.

I had the idea to cut the posts off as close to the ground as possible, so the base was flush to the blocking paving and then fit a bracket that I had made, that contained a M8 rivnut. The bracket would be sunk flush into each end of the now cut post, and a threaded bar installed so I could just simply screw the post to the ground. When I need to remove it, I simply unscrew the post and remove the threaded bar. On paper it seemed it would work.

So Saturday I set to work. It took around 3 hours. I had already made 4 brackets with rivnuts installed during the week so I was prepared. I cut the post flush to the ground, neatened up both cut ends up and then installed the brackets.

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2017, 10:03:01 PM »
Pleased to report it worked! I could screw the post in really tight. I repeated the process on the other one, and now in the last picture as both posts come completely out, I can now remove all of the fence highlighted with the red line and should have plenty of room to move the car around when I need to!

Cheets

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2017, 10:47:18 AM »
loving work can not whight to see it with its new clothes on :)

Mark

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2017, 10:16:28 PM »
a few progress pictures on the kit fitting

Paul79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2017, 10:17:04 PM »