Author Topic: help fake engine  (Read 5103 times)

jamielee77

• View Profile
    • Email
help fake engine
« on: January 14, 2017, 09:02:42 PM »
Hi all I am relatively new to the forum.
I have had a look at some of the builds and the cars are truly outstanding and would like to be part of the kit car community when mine is up and running.
I have an extreme 360 that needs some things doing to it.
Firstly I would like to begin with making /building a fake engine and thought I would get some advice before getting started and choosing which direction to go in.
Firstly there is nothing in the car except for black carpet,so I will need everything from start to finish including the black side panels with the gutter rails on.
Does anyone on here or does anyone know of anyone that has moulds or anything to replicate any of the parts that are needed or will I have to make one off moulds or buy genuine parts,
Making one off moulds might prove difficult as I have no idea of the scale or size of anything in the engine bay but as I said before I am looking for some advice on which way to go.

beamerdave2001

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: help fake engine
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 01:30:03 PM »
Hi where are you from I have a spare set of the black trims that go over the windows if that's what your on about you can have them I'm in Stoke on trent you would need to collect them what other parts did u need I have few spare bits

jamielee77

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 04:01:08 PM »
hi thank you very much I am from Lydney in the forest of dean in Gloucestershire, but the rear bulkhead and centre window behind the seats is already in, the car is actually on the road and has been used but there is no fake engine in the rear its just an empty space, the black plastic I am referring to fit to the left and the right of the engine and hang down from the engine/boot cover opening. I need to either buy or make everything e.g; plenums, header tank, air boxes, engine support frame, power steering reservoir, intake hoses, throttle bodies etc. I was hoping that somebody on the forum or knows of someone who might already have fibreglass moulds to make these parts, if not I will have to look into purchasing all genuine parts and that could end up being a costly build, just wondering what everybody else has done and they turned out. thanks again ,
regards
jamie

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 04:45:43 PM »
Hi Jamie,

I'm not sure if it's any help but I know DNA do a 430 fake engine that might get you started. Give Brian a ring from http://www.dnaautomotive.com/ to see what options he has for you.  The other one might be if you contact Dave at http://www.davejoneskitcars.com/  they also might be able to help you.

Steve

Extreme Sportscars

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 07:52:19 PM »
Hi Jamie, I've sent you a pm.

Cheers
Kev
Extreme Sportscars
enquiries@extreme-sportscars.com

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 07:26:37 AM »
Hi Jamie and welcome to the forum mate , get some pics up of your car we all love pics , as for the engine and engine side panels looks like you could be sorted  with Kev ,but once you get it they can be made to look even better by using real parts ,Ie  the power steering bottle from most Vauxhall  cars is the same as the ferrari one ,the throttle bodies off some Peugeots are nearly the same the map sensers Vauxhall or Saab ,take a look at mickey Londons build dairy see his it looks amazing ,also the red crackle finish is available in an aerosol to get the correct finish on the plenumbs ,  good look mate , jd

jamielee77

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 01:24:18 PM »
hi jd thanks for your advice I took a quick snapshot when I was washing the car the other day its not the best but shows the car I don't know if this is the right place to put the photo but here it is

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 05:41:50 PM »
Hi Jamie
On my engine I have used the throttle bodies from a Peugeot 307, the power steering bottles from a BMW and the MAF sensors from a VW Golf
The throttle bodies and MAF's are a little small but still look the part
Hope that helps
Mick

PS Car is looking good and I love black wheels  :P

More pics please  ;D

jamielee77

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 10:20:27 PM »
Hi mick,
Thanks for your info,
Already read through your build what can I say" beautiful " the only trouble with reading these builds is that my wish list to be done on my car is getting bigger and bigger
And the engine does look good.
I was planning on  a similar kind of thing and searching for parts now.
Same kind of thing
Thankyou for the comments
Sorry the car is covered in suds but started washing it and realised I didn't have any photos so as they no time like the present.

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 12:44:52 PM »
Car looks great mate , hope you can join us at some shows this year  :) jd

simonc64

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 07:54:36 PM »
Jamie / JD  the original in my car was a 430 wasn't it? Happy for Jamie to have that one if you still have it etc

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 07:56:57 AM »
Hi Jamie, if you don't get sorted with Kev , yes Simon has a full 430 kit up at mine as we are going to fit a correct 360 one in his , cheers jd

jamielee77

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 08:24:40 PM »
Hi Simonc64
Thanks for the offer it's much appreciated I have had a word with kev and he is going to help me out
I would like to go for the 360 engine in mine to keep it looking original.
My mate has just bought a DNA 5cudo what sort of money do you want for it as he might have it for a spare if nobody else needs it.

simonc64

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 09:06:38 PM »
just the postage Jamie - though its quite bulky so might be best to pick up; also its at JD's so would need to check with him etc about picking up

jamielee77

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 01:08:55 PM »
hi simonc64
thanks ever so much I live a long way away so picking it up is not ideal for me but mind paying the postage and paying for any packaging that needs to be done I will send jd a quick message and see if its ok for him to pop it in the post, like I said thanks again

Advert