Author Topic: Dropping the car off.  (Read 5907 times)

simonc64

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dropping the car off.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 06:02:10 PM »
Where in Devon r u Brillo? I live in the midlands but work in Exeter at the moment!

Brillo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 06:01:33 AM »
Where in Devon r u Brillo? I live in the midlands but work in Exeter at the moment!

Sorry Simon I've only just seen your message.
I live in Torbay mate. :)

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 08:49:03 AM »
I removed the aircon and condenser from my 360, to improve airflow through the engine cooling rad. My engine temp used to shoot up, when the aircon was on, not any more. Also fitted a scoop to deflect air up into the rad from below, fitted aftermarket high performance fans, plus two large capacity yacht bilge blower fans pushing hot air into the wheel arches from the engine bay. Seems to have done the trick. I didn't trust the coolant temp gauge, I use a heat detector gun to verify the temp, when doing tests.

Hi Brillo

I should explain a bit better. I asked about whether the AirCon was still fitted as the condenser sits right in front of the coolant radiator.
As your Aircon is still fitted then there is a strong possibility that the Aircon condenser is still fitted
And as you have no high temperatures whilst driving then it sounds like the condenser is not blocking the air being sucked it by the fans

I know what I mean haha
Cheers Matey
Mick

PS Even if you have bought a Lemon, it certainly wont be one when you get it back  ;)

Advert