Author Topic: Stoneleigh kit car show suitable for a wheelchair user?  (Read 2899 times)

HARRISON84

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi guys I am just asking what the suitability is at Stoneleigh for a wheelchair user,  I will be coming along on the Monday but I would like to bring along my brother who I would be pushing around the site but not sure what the terrain is like I know its mainly grass and from some pictures of previous shows there looks like they have some kind of gravel tracks.  what are the Stoneleigh vets thoughts on this? 

Thankyou

Dave     

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stoneleigh kit car show suitable for a wheelchair user?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 04:38:31 PM »
Hi fella,

I think access as a whole is very good. However, as a walker, you tend not to notice the odd step or two here and there which may cause problems. I'm sure he's been told before access somewhere isn't a problem only to find after it is. So, please don't take my word for it.

All the kitcar owners / groups are around in fields so access to these should be ok. The only thing I would say is sometimes I've been and the grass has been really long.  Inside they are hangers so again should be ok.  There are bits of gravel tracks but from memory, a lot is tarmac too.  I'm more inclined to say yes.

UPDATE..  I've just called them and they say yes, not a problem. They even have disabled parking for visitors so you might get to park closer too :-) 

Hope this helps,

Steve

HARRISON84

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 05:29:03 PM »
Hi Steve thank you for the info it's a go then! We will see you all there then. He will be made up.  Thx again for your help Steve. 

Alex360

• Extreme Owner
  • "You got a heavy foot"
    • View Profile
    • Acetech Security Limited
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 01:45:35 PM »
Pics on the day:

simonc64

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 07:51:28 PM »
HI Alex was it your car at Stoneleigh this week end with the air suspension - I liked that!  Who did it for you etc?

Alex360

• Extreme Owner
  • "You got a heavy foot"
    • View Profile
    • Acetech Security Limited
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 11:01:47 AM »
HI Alex was it your car at Stoneleigh this week end with the air suspension - I liked that!  Who did it for you etc?

Hi Simon,
Yes it was, I ordered the air ride off eBay and fitted it myself, it was quite simple really. I posted the mounts for the rear bags on the Facebook page with dimensions etc. If you are looking to get the car lower, just drop 20mm off the height of the fabricated rear piece.

Cheers
Alex

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 02:10:41 PM »
That air suspension you fitted blew me away! great achievement and you did it, despite the risks. I think it's paid off massively. Am going to try and find your facebook page post, must be done!!

Hi Simon,
Yes it was, I ordered the air ride off eBay and fitted it myself, it was quite simple really. I posted the mounts for the rear bags on the Facebook page with dimensions etc. If you are looking to get the car lower, just drop 20mm off the height of the fabricated rear piece.

Cheers
Alex

Advert