Author Topic: zxrjohn14 360 build  (Read 18030 times)

zxrjohn14

• View Profile
Re: zxrjohn14 360 build
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 08:41:26 PM »
Hi Steve.
I've no date in mind as I just want to enjoy building it without any pressure.
The rear is a flat laminated sheet as bought from Brian355, at this juncture if the build I can make everything fit and match.
I'm really enjoying the build .
I'll keep posting as things happen :)

dangerrous

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 08:51:09 AM »
The activity for this and the DNA site has withered due to the companies not producing kits any more, we are not duty bound to comment on every post you make, people find builds interesting (as I do) and like to read up, to get a real feel for how much interest is in your build take a look at your view count.
My build has a lot of hours vested into it, when I post I don't expect a comment,
You may find that one post gets loads of following posts or questions that you just didn't expect. Take a look at JD's activity, he's probably finished more extremes than extreme did, he's view count is immense yet the replies to his posts were mainly the people he was doing the work for.
D

zxrjohn14

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 11:40:15 AM »
Dangerous, i don't expect a comment on every post, or people to be duty bound (What the actual fuck is that comment about??) yet you feel the need to post what reads as a snotty, pompous comment.
I wish there was more activity, in the way Mickey London and Alex360 had, whereby it spurs you on to post and get ideas and others opinions if you are doing something wrong or there is an easier way.....you know, advice.
As i've commented before, I know i've missed the boat on the popularity of these cars, but there are still many out there unfinished.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:42:36 AM by zxrjohn14 »

4u2nv

• Going going gone !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 12:11:53 PM »
Don't stress guys just build ;) 

4u2nv

• Going going gone !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 12:18:48 PM »
And as far as extream go yeah they built a good kit can't fault.  But that's about it I would not use any other bits from them . In fact I wouldn't pay that kev a bean . I payed him for some bits . When I picked my kit up . Oh look no bits just 400 down . Hope to see him at a show 1 day..

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 09:50:48 AM »
Hi John
Keep the updates coming Matey. She is coming along nicely.
We all enjoy and read them
I need my eXtreme fix  ;)
Mick

zxrjohn14

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 08:58:58 PM »
ok, i have been tackling the Audi A3 window conversion. initial thoughts are, this is a lot easier than expected.
To anybody reading this thinking of building a car, FIT THE WINDOWS BEFORE BONDING ANY PANELS!!
I'm going to mention at this point that when doing the cutting of the 406, i forgot to do the relief cuts at the bottom of the A pillar, turns out, this was the best thing that could have happended.
I've cut all of the Audi frame to this very helpful website  http://www.kitcarz.co.uk/?p=66 and a bit more. I'll post pictures of that in another reply.
I've cut the back of the 406 door off and slipped the frame in, this is a picture of the glass with nothing been done to any of the roof or anything, the frame and glass are just resting in:

it is almost there!
I'll take some better pictures of the windows and what i've done as the lovely wife has bought me a new phone.
It is quite easy to tackle this project with no panels bonded, especially the door as you need to cut the skin of the door and let the audi frame protrude into the fibreglass void. Also, you could manipulate any metal bits to be where you want them to be to fit perfect.

Extreme Sportscars

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 09:06:39 PM »
Hi Chris (4u2nv), as regards to your parts you ordered. You initially  paid for the fake brake kit but after a later discussion on the phone i advised you, you would need the "real" big brakes instead of fake ones because of the engine transplant you where now doing. We agreed that the £400 would go towards a rear light kit. This was more expensive and we couldnt order them in until the outstanding balance was paid which was requested but was never received. After some time waiting for payment  you informed me you had now purchased your lights from somewhere else.
As everyone is aware this was at a time when we had just been dragged through the courts and extreme had been shut down so i was dealing with alot of things and everything was a huge mess. I did my upmost to supply all the parts and kits including your 430 kit that extreme had been paid for which we did. Unfortunatly after not hearing from you for some years this had fallen through the net and forgot about until you put a  post up. This should have been refunded back then so i do appologise for that. Send me a pm with your bank details and il get that refunded to you.
Sorry John for hijacking your build diary.
Extreme Sportscars
enquiries@extreme-sportscars.com

4u2nv

• Going going gone !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 02:30:03 PM »
That would be perfect . And as stated i can not nor would i fault the KIT. I appreciate this response from you . 
Regards
Chris

zxrjohn14

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »
I'm glad you gents have sorted things out.

Right windows.....
I've had a fiddle this evening for a few hours and virtually got one of the doors done.
There's an awful lot of bits to do, but it's all really enjoyable  :)

I've modified (bent and cut bits off) the door lock as it is really tight in there.

cut more bits out of the door handle as again, its very tight
i've also made a swanky bit of pull wire for the door handle

i made a bit of a runner too and the bit of angle on the left fixes to the Audi frame

frame bolted in and glass fitted

That's a lot of door i've cut away  :o

door skin fitted back on and door closed....hammer at the ready

i pulled part of the rubber down at the top just to make it fit right, i'm sure this is what has been done by others.
with a bit of titivating, welding and pu adhesive, i belive this will be lovely

When i bond the rear quarters on, i shall trim back the added metal that holds the rubber  and i think this will make the glass fit even better as in the middle, where the two bits of added metal are welded together, the glass is hitting this part first so compresing the rubber more than anywhere else.
it'll probably be the weekend til i can play with the other side.  :'(

Sparx01

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 09:22:54 PM »
Nice one John,

keep the updates coming, we all like to see good progress.

Tone

zxrjohn14

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 10:32:37 PM »
Cheers Tone.
How's life with your finished one?
Have you been driving it much?

Sparx01

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 10:52:04 PM »
No, she is now in hiding until spring.

I still have to sort the fake engine so admirers don't see an open space. lol

I want to re-upholster the seats and possibly the dash. Also I still have to order a replacement roof liner, mine was missing from the kit.

Tone

4u2nv

• Going going gone !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2018, 01:43:03 PM »
tone ive left 1 done at JDs maybe you could ask lee ? if it hasnt been binned off.

Nice work John epic stuff mate , wont be long at this rate before shes in the paint shop , keep the updates coming .

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2018, 03:24:19 PM »
Good work on the doors Matey
Keep the updates coming

Mick

Advert