Author Topic: Agreed Value Problem  (Read 2206 times)

HARRISON84

• View Profile
    • Email
Agreed Value Problem
« on: July 15, 2018, 07:59:18 PM »
Hi guys i am looking for some advice.

my 360 is currently Insured with Footman James,   I have requested to have an agreed value on the policy which I can have but before they agree to this I have to provide them with an agreed value form that as been completed by someone that can value the car correctly I have asked if it could be done by someone via the forum as they would know whats involved in building one again cost etc,   but this is not acceptable so I am just asking what other members have done regarding the cars having an agreed value and if you could recommend someone or a company I could contact to get my car inspected/valued,  

at the moment the car is only insured at market value and this clearly would be a huge loss on what its worth and what I paid for it,   so I am scared drive her at the Moment and with this weather its such a shame,  

thank you guys

regards
Dave

360brian

• View Profile
Re: Agreed Value Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 09:28:30 PM »
I'm with Heritage Classic Car insurance (a KGM policy), no such reports were required, I have my requested guaranteed min value for insurance with them (they were very reasonable with the premium too)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 10:48:25 PM »
I would try posting on the facebook group as it would cover members from the DNA group too.

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
  • I dont know where Im going Ask me when I get there
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 02:43:53 PM »
I must admit this is the biggest problem with all kitcars, classics and alike. .
I’ve spent around £50k on cerberus including the purchase price but there is no way I will ever get that back.
The ebay auctions give a good indication of what she’s worth. The best I got was £28k which is no where near what I’ve spent.
Insurance payouts are going to be worse. Anything not to pay out. There bad enough with everyday cars not let alone classics and kit cars.
But this is something we are just going to have to swallow because that’s never going to change. 

Advert