Author Topic: Is this a extreme kit mr2?  (Read 3046 times)

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
  • I dont know where Im going Ask me when I get there
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is this a extreme kit mr2?
« on: August 11, 2018, 06:32:14 PM »
Hi guys.
Could one of you tell me if this mr2 Ferrari 355 is a extreme kit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-Replica-kit-Car/192619523036?hash=item2cd904abdc:g:jpEAAOSwIntbZ1Nv

I went to view this car today as I quite fancy a mr2 Ferrari 355 as my daily driver.
It’s a nice example and one of the better ones I’ve seen.

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
Re: Is this a extreme kit mr2?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 10:38:12 PM »
Nope. Its not an Extreme.

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 09:15:33 PM »
This is the Fiero Factory MR3SS kit. Originally for the Fiero, but adapted to fit the MR2. I had one of these. Google Fiero Factory MR3SS

Steve Briddon, Roy Morris and Terry Sands founded in 1990, the company in Birmingham in the county of West Midlands . They began in 1991 with the production of automobiles and kits . The brand name was Fiero Factory . Later, the company moved to Tardebigge in Worcestershire . On April 8, 2014, the company was dissolved. The first model Belaro Berlinetta , a replica of the Ferrari Testarossa , came from the USA and was only imported. [2]

The Fierossa was the first own model. It was also similar to the Testarossa. The base was as in so many models of the company, the Pontiac Fiero . From 1991 to 2003 created about 85 copies. [2]

The Monza 308 , which resembled the Ferrari 308 , brought it to about 135 buyers at the same time. [2]

The F 282 was available from 1995 on. He was similar to the Ferrari F 355 . From this model created about 400 copies. [2]

The Venom also appeared in 1995 and was similar to the Dodge Viper . Originally, Fiero Factory imported this Chevrolet Corvette- based model from the USA. But later they developed a standalone version based on the Ford Granada . Venom Sports Cars took over production in 2003. [2]

The MR 3 SS visually corresponded to the F 282 , but was based on the Toyota MR 2 . He found from 1998 about 400 buyers

source https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiero_Factory

APDevelopments

• Extreme Owner
  • I dont know where Im going Ask me when I get there
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 10:08:11 PM »
Thanks for this.
Yes I remember the fiero factory.
They made a fantastic F40 and 355 that fitted the Pontiac Fiero.
The downside was the Fiero was a crap donor as they were not available here in the UK so parts were almost non existent.
So a mr2 with a Fiero Factory kit fitted. Is this a good or bad thing?
It’s a nice car and is one of the best F355 mr2’s I’ve seen.
Many thanks

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 12:33:56 AM »
It's good, I miss mine (I did the 3L camry V6 conversion), was a great car on the MR2. I wasnt keen on the wide panel on front of the bonnet, or the extra scoopy bit at the top of the boot lid, but overall was fine. Liked the wide rear arches. Later BAD bodykits are supposed to me more accurate to the 355, however I find the bit in front of the rear arch looks odd on those, so its a matter of own pref. The GRP was fine on mine. Some pics of the old car

ChristiaanN

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 09:05:54 PM »
I bought their kit in 2010 and despite having disputes with the owners, I was sad to see they weren't making at anymore as it was actually a very good kit. It was also less than half the price of the Extreme kit

Advert