Author Topic: Power Steering fluid?  (Read 2400 times)

Brillo

• View Profile
    • Email
Power Steering fluid?
« on: September 14, 2018, 03:31:50 PM »
 Hi all.
Haven't been on here for ages or used my 360 due to Ill health. Only used it twice in a year since JD finished it. Went to use it the other day and the steering was making a weird noise and was was very stiff, could hardly turn the wheel. Bought some steering fluid but can't find where the reservoir is located. The Coolant and brake fluid reservoirs are there but can't find the power steering reservoir. I know it's common to move things around when building these kits because of the Extreme front wings are wider than the Peugeot but still can't find it. Does anyone know where it might be located, has anyone experienced this before.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Regards.
Brillo.

360brian

• View Profile
Re: Power Steering fluid?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 11:20:39 AM »
Could be that. don't know where the PAS fluid reserviour is, however my steering felt stiff when I unplugged the speedo interface (in the passenger footwell on RHD cars), so do check the electrical connections too

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 04:39:00 PM »
Hi Brillo
The Power steering reservoir is under the Off Side Wng
It will be a pain to top up if needed, I have arrowed it in the picture
Also check your belt that drives the power steering is not loose and slipping. Could be the cause of stiff steering and squelling

Good luck
Mick

Brillo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 09:04:49 AM »
Thanks for the replies that's very helpful.
On my car the other 2 reservoirs you can see next to the power steering one arrowed, the brake and coolant are located now on the other side near where the battery once was but I can reach them with no problem. I'm surprised they left the brake and coolant in a place where you can easily top them up but buried the power steering one under the wing.
Thanks once again, I'll check the belt as well. :)
Brillo.

Advert