Author Topic: Murcielago Build - CdRsKuLL  (Read 188813 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Murcielago Build - CdRsKuLL
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2013, 05:30:48 PM »
Hiya fella,

As you said I was one of the first to get this kit. The things I'm missing are the sill plates and the engine side covers. Everything else I have I think. These were not finished when I got my kit so don't think they were included at the time. I did buy some nice sill plates but sadly they got damaged where my car was so will need to but some more. Other than the. Two things I think I'm all good. These bits won't stop me getting it on the road :-)

How are you getting on with yours?

Steve

Extreme Sportscars

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2013, 06:40:46 PM »
Hi Steve, Didn't realize you needed parts. Please drop us an email of what you require and we can supply the parts. Just to make it clear to everyone, Extreme sportscars are still manufacturing kits, Parts and are in development work of new parts for our existing kits. It is Extreme build solutions, a company set up to build customer cars, which is no longer trading.If anybody requires parts, full kits or help on any matter then please email or ring us.

Many Thanks

Extreme Sportscars
Extreme Sportscars
enquiries@extreme-sportscars.com

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2013, 07:17:31 PM »
Hiya,

I don't think I am missing anything from the kit as these bits hadn't even been done at the time. Will drop you a mail . Thanks

Been looking at mirrors and I've bought a pair of Laguna ones.. seem quite slim on the bit that hinges, only £30 for both including postage so not a great deal to lose if they don't work. Failing getting them folding via electric I will use the mounts. I did have a go at using some little springs and ball bearings that clicked into little holes but I don't think they would last long enough really. Glad its getting a little warmer now :-)  time to get moving again on it!

Steve

dangerrous

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2013, 07:52:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I think you'll finish your Lambo before I finish my 430, we may have the two longest builds of the two manufacturers  :D
Same idea regarding folding mirrors, I'll take a look at the laguna ones. Nice find if it works

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2013, 09:43:13 PM »
lol.. I doubt know about that :-)  I've just done a bit for the first time in months !!! started to glass my rear arches in. I should have at least one side done by the end of the week :-) then my aim is to do the other side next week.

I had done one, but then when I put the wheel back on I hadn't done it straight so I've re-cut it and moved it a bit. Heyho.. I think that was the reason I stopped as I was proper pee'd and had enough..  back on it now fingers crossed, see how long I last this time.

Steve

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2013, 10:00:26 PM »
Whilst I've been away I've been playing with one of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZwBylmz5M

:-)

peggyontherun

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2013, 10:34:27 AM »
Looking good Steve keep it up it does want to make you give up but just think of the finished product
I Live my life a quater miles at a time.Nothing else matters Not the Morgage not the store not my team and all there bull****.For those ten seconds or less i'm free - Don Fast & Furious

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2013, 06:16:51 PM »
Yep.. back on it now. :-) I should finish one of the rear arches tomorrow night and then I will move the car over and start the other. Hopefully my electric laguna mirrors will turn up tomorrow so I will see if they will work too.

I'll have to push it out this weekend and give it a good clean out and take a couple of photos. I still need to sort my brakes out as air must of got in somewhere sadly over the 4 year span. They did work.. lol

So once I've done the rear arches and the mirrors, O and finished off one of the doors it will be ready for paint :-) might do a bit of the interior first mind!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:59:48 PM by CdRsKuLL »

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2013, 04:23:27 PM »
well my laguna mirrors have arrived. After a quick strip down of one I think it will be possible to make them fit. It's not going to be easy by any means but I think it might be possible. It will be close and my mirrors might have a little bump on them but you wont notice It I don't think.

Lots of fibreglass removal needed so will be time to get my little grinder out!! Will post some pictures once I've made a start.

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »
Nice to c u back on it can't wait to c some picks  the forum has been quiet lately ,jd

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2013, 01:26:52 PM »
Yep defo back, but unsure for how long..lol

I'm 'nearly' there with one mirror base now.  Just got a bit of P40 filling to do round it but will get some pic's tonight for you. :-)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2013, 11:47:08 PM »
ok, a little update for you.

Because the Murci is sooooo wide, to get it in my garage I would need to get out and fold each mirror in by hand. Now I had a go at doing it the way purposed by extreme which works well but I wanted something better :-) The motors etc are off a laguna and they do fit 'just'. The motor part sticks out a little but this is still inside where the mirror swings so you dont really see it. :-)

Very early stage this.. a few more nights are required to get it finished but I'm happy to say it folds very nice!

Also the knock bit works so I can fold them in by hand and they click back into place... Result!

Photo of the original mirror.. this one needs cutting up next :-)

I know it looks a bit of a state at the moment but it should look oem when finished :-)

Steve
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 11:51:38 PM by CdRsKuLL »

nick355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2013, 06:20:44 PM »
Nice touch with the mirrors, I presume the last picture is the OEM Laguna one, and you have cut out just the pivot / motor section and grafted that as in the previous pictures ?

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:33 PM »
Hi Nick,

Yes.. just pinched the motor and shaft bits from it.  I've nearly finished one now so will get a few pic's later if I get chance. I think I'm going to be using a little micro controller as at the moment the laguna mirrors fold more than is needed and it would end folding into the side glass :-(.  I've already wrote the code for the controller so just a case of wiring it up now. I will be using the same controller to read the pulse (speed) from behind the dash to control my spoiler and bat wings.

Just waiting on some P40 to go solid before I can carry on!

Is your 355 finished now? .. Also are you the same guy I met at Newark kitcar show about 5 years ago? I had my DNA360 then and do remember talking to someone who had a 355.

Steve

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2013, 11:05:00 PM »
OK.. couple more nights and I think we shall have one finished :-)

I need to sink the nuts / bolts into the top of the mirror housing yet and p40 over them.. but that wont take long.

Might finish one tomorrow night.. who knows :-)

Steve
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:10:57 PM by CdRsKuLL »

Advert