Author Topic: Murcielago Build - CdRsKuLL  (Read 188839 times)

4u2nv

• Going going gone !!
    • View Profile
Re: Murcielago Build - CdRsKuLL
« Reply #795 on: October 20, 2016, 12:24:35 AM »
Good idea Micky , Steve what do the real car have there ???

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 20, 2016, 08:13:16 AM »
Hi Steve  I think either one will look good,  the one you hav fitted flows nice with the door handle shape and looks like it was ment to be there ,the round one will flow with the speaker so it's down to you buddy , jd

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #797 on: October 20, 2016, 05:51:06 PM »
Thanks JD for sitting on the fence ;-p  

Well, I ordered another switch this morning.. this one is a mix of both really so if I can suss out the wiring will go with this one.

I've lost one of my Diablo inner door handles.. Can't find it anyway.. gutted!

I've moved my windscreen back to the dining room and took out my roof lining in preparation in fitting it soon.  I've re-glued the back edge and will do a bit of prep work on it tonight ready for sticking it in tomorrow / weekend.

I need to try and finish off the drivers door this weekend.. then start on the other one. That's the plan anyway!

Oh, photo of the new switch

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #798 on: October 20, 2016, 08:19:17 PM »
Headlining ready to install....

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »
Bit more tonight...

I cut and shaped / filled / sanded (repeat) a cover for the door mirror. I've covered this in a black texture vinyl. I've also covered a little section of the door in the matching vinyl as space is really tight down there because of the mr2 piller.  It's got the same texture as the false leather I've got for the door so should look ok when completed.  I've also added a earth wire for the interior light. I'm looking at installed the inner roof this weekend if things go to plan!  Sikaflex at the ready!!!!

Some some photos... the mirror cover is being stuck on at the moment, hence the masking tape.

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 22, 2016, 02:34:33 PM »
Cracking job Steve it looks fab , I can't wait to see it with the head liner in that will totally finish it off  :),jd

Lee355

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #801 on: October 22, 2016, 09:46:38 PM »
Wow Steve I haven't been on the site for a while you aren't half cracking on ???????? nearly there now mate final push then showtime ????????????????????????????

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #802 on: October 23, 2016, 04:28:55 PM »
Hi Lee, thanks and I'm sill waiting for some photo's of yours for the front page.. I know it's not an extreme kit but I guess we can make exceptions (send a tenner in the post) ;-)

Well, chuffed to bits. I feel I've actually made some progress over the weekend. My roof is now IN and seems to have stuck well. I also refilled the square I cut out for the old MR2 mirror control and drilled / shaped a new hole for the new switch. I spent last night tracing the 7 wires on the new switch so this still needs to be linked up. Infact all the wiring needs doing yet, so thats a job for tonight.

Anyway, here are some photos. I think I made the right choice with this switch over the other two.

Got the other door to start sometime this week..

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #803 on: October 23, 2016, 04:38:15 PM »
Looking good
You're flying along now  ;D
Good call on the switch, it looks a lot neater and also looks the part in the door card
Mick

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #804 on: October 23, 2016, 09:56:40 PM »
Hi Mick, not sure about flying but it's a step closer :-)

So.. I cracked on with the wiring tonight.  Just going through wire by wire, double checking before I cut.  Now as well as swapping out the mirror control for a different one I also swapped out the actual mirror motors. I'm pleased to say this is all done. Also, on the Lambo the window switches are in the center console so I've chopped / extended these and married them up to a ford transit window switch.   Lets just say I've been confused more than once tonight. Pleased to say that they work too. :-)

For the extra cable length I happened to have some mains cable from a old flymo.. just the job and nicely insulated!  lol

All in all a good night.. some pics below;

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 24, 2016, 01:14:42 PM »
Hi Steve ,the headliner looks fantastic mate ,also I'm pleased you went with my choice of mirror switch defo the right one lol , it's amazing how much you hav got done in the last few weeks mate keep it up  :) :),jd

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #806 on: October 24, 2016, 08:58:42 PM »
yep, went with your choice :-)  I'm amazed too, done a solid couple of weeks, even if its only a couple of hours a night.

So.. tonight I wired in my little red LED light in the door card. The original one has these but it also hides a fixing for the arm rest.  Made a problem moving the window power from the door, it seems it also powered the mirrors so I'll need to fix that. I've also made a start on the other door. shaping it round the speaker.. I love P40 lol

I coded up a arduino with a couple of buttons to control my spoiler / batwings, gave it a little try and it works great on the spoiler, bat wings aren't connected at the moment so couldnt try them.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:56:28 AM by CdRsKuLL »

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 25, 2016, 11:09:44 AM »
Love the light Steve nice touch . And your getting a dab hand with the p40 soon be an expert  :)  are you getting the door cards covered in black leather to match seats etc  JD

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #808 on: October 25, 2016, 11:13:52 AM »
Hi JD,. Thanks and yes, going for black leather (false) look on the door cards. Hopefully with a white diamond stitched pattern. I really want to get this door card finished by the end of the weekend..  then I might have another got at the dash.

I actually sat in it for the first time with the drivers door card in place and the door shut. Felt really weird.. lol

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 25, 2016, 11:23:40 AM »
You got to be feeling happy with the way it's looking now buddy  :) can't wait to see it all done ,  once the door cards done that should fire you up to finish the dash then you're on the way to the finishing line  :) jd

Advert