Author Topic: Murcielago Build - CdRsKuLL  (Read 188758 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Murcielago Build - CdRsKuLL
« Reply #840 on: April 16, 2018, 11:54:06 PM »
Hey Tone,

I have about 6 printers.... it's sort of another hobby really. A few were sent for me to review, I also repair them for a company called JG Aurora.. so have 4 of those. A Dremel 3d40 and a flashforge dreamer.  It all depends what you are after printing, what size.. how much messing you want to do and how much money you want to spend.  They all require a bit of messing, some more than others. At the moment the one I use most is a JG Aurora A5. I've added autolevel and better drivers so it's much quieter now. All have good and bad points really. Dremel are sending me there new 3D45 soon but that's about 1400 pou d's so it's not a cheap printer by any means.   Let me know your budget and I'll let you know my thoughts ..

Steve

Sparx01

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 17, 2018, 09:28:26 PM »
Cheers Steve,

I don't have a specific budget, I just look to buy the one that is the best value for money.

Is there design/printing software that you prefer or find easier to use?

Do you have a 3d scanner or do you design from scratch?

Cheers, Tone

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #842 on: April 17, 2018, 09:41:53 PM »
For software I use Autodesk Inventor but.. I would recommend Autodesk Fusion 360. It says it not free but it is for business that earn under 100k. So, for home users it’s free ????

I design everything from scratch, would love a scanner to try.

You are prob looking at 300 to 500 for a half decent printer.  I do like my A5 but I’ve done a few mods on it. .. some to look at are.. CR10 , anycube i3mega , A5 JGAurora or smaller A3s.  They all have a good support group. 

Let me know if you need out.

Steve

Sparx01

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 17, 2018, 09:57:54 PM »
Cheers Steve,

Those prices aren't that bad. I will take a look at them all but probably get back to you before purchasing. I think I will check out the software first, to make sure its user friendly.

Tone

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #844 on: April 19, 2018, 07:55:39 PM »
Yep, just let me know Tone :-)

Well, I've run out of P40!!!!   I missed Mr Amazon today so I can only potter tonight although I might have a go at wiring up my stereo thinking about it.

I was in London last night so decided to model up some bits for the fake engine to print.  I think its close enough.. will print it in abs, paint and then make a decision. Printing the bits off now, photo below so you can see what I'm trying to achieve.  As long as no Lambo police are about I guess it will pass as original.. lol

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #845 on: April 22, 2018, 03:17:08 PM »
So, been working on it for a few hours over the weekend and during the week.  Wife want's me to just get it finished so she's letting me work on it whenever I want :-)

I'm still on the doorcards but also the dash end closing panels, these cover the old MR2 door hinges etc.  I still need to sand back one little bit where its catching on the door frame but my door cards are now finished :-).  I just need to do the other dash end this week, and then maybe another week to get everything lines up properly.. and then onto the dash!

After the dash it will be then time to get everything trimmed. Once installed the windscreen will go in and then I need to complete a few jobs around the car like wire up the indicators at the front and the lights. (swapping to LED bulbs)..  Then, I need to do all the underside and the false disc breaks. So, lots still to do but it's a step closer :-)

My lads been helping me too. We now have both door locks connected on the inside. I couldn't reach to the link inside but my lad did a great job.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 03:22:08 PM by CdRsKuLL »

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #846 on: April 22, 2018, 03:51:45 PM »
Keep it up. Always look forward to the progress  :D
Mick

Beemaman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #847 on: April 22, 2018, 05:23:19 PM »
Yes keep at it buddy it will come together :) looking good

autopro

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 26, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »
Great work on those engine pieces, if you decide to make an extra set I would take one  ;D

Your interior is coming together very nice and now that you have permission to work on it as much as you like it should get done quickly.

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #849 on: June 06, 2021, 10:03:03 AM »
So this weekend I've been busy wiring up my Arduino batwing, mirror and spoiler controller.  I had coded it so it can read from the speedo pulse to make them automatic but.. have thought about it I@ve just put them on buttons instead.  The code I'm running uses an arduino uno with a 4 relay shield.  I've attached my code here if anyone wants to use it.

Also, added my badge and currently 3D printing some covers for the back.

All the electrics should be finished today, got the speaker wires for the stereo to run, fog light wires to run and connect up.. then thats mostly done then :-)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #850 on: June 06, 2021, 12:47:05 PM »
All back together now, checking the rear view camera works and it turns on when I go into reverse :-)   Just 3D printing a box for the electronics and then that's another ticked off the list.  Next I'm thinking the centre console.

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #851 on: June 08, 2021, 10:11:11 AM »
Had a really good weekend on the car, sorting out lots of little jobs and getting to grips on what I have / haven't done before as it's been that long since I've worked on her.   Got my wiper all installed now with a new blade, just waiting on the jet washer which is a wiper arm clip on type and some silicon tube, then that will be another job off the list.

Today later I'll finish off the Stereo wiring and look at secuing all the wiring.. then I think that will all be finished :-)   Then on to the centre console.. thats the next hurdle.

dangerrous

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #852 on: June 08, 2021, 05:49:25 PM »
Hey Steve got your mojo back?
Nice too see some updates on the car, she does look good in white
D

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #853 on: June 08, 2021, 05:57:51 PM »
Thanks fella

Some more photos :-)

Going to fit LED headlights tonight and do a bit more wiring inside. 

More bits coming this week.

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #854 on: June 09, 2021, 11:09:17 AM »
Hi Steve,

The car is looking great!! Do you think it'll be a 2021 completion?

Cheers
Rich

Advert