Author Topic: Extreme Vanquish  (Read 131834 times)

janman92

• View Profile
Re: Extreme Vanquish
« Reply #390 on: March 15, 2010, 03:09:26 PM »
could someone give me an answer ???

DBS

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 15, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »
could someone give me an answer ???

Other kit car lovers forum:

Piece of advice regards Enzodesign

Hi Extreme, while you're here please answer one question : are you doing the Vanquish kit on a Supra or not ? I would take non reply as a NO. I can't find any info on your forum so that's why I'm asking this, as I'm looking into a Vanquish replica based on a Jag XK. Thank you.

Not sure as demand is very low for this range of car. I think there is one on the XK already

janman92

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 15, 2010, 05:27:45 PM »
thanks

pboniface

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 26, 2010, 08:48:11 AM »
And now.. the much vaunted mr2 kits GTC has been stopped too..

>To all who have shown interest in our new GTC bodykit for the Toyota Celica ST202 convertible.

>Due to potential copyright issues it is unfortunate that the current design of the GTC will not be going into production.

>Later in the year there will be an all new design bodykit for the Celica convertible, but not in its current guise. Please keep >an eye on the website for updates.

So... looks like the ASH-MART kit is the only option... however much of a rip-off it turns out to be. :-(

gordog45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #394 on: May 03, 2010, 05:37:41 PM »
As it now looks like Extreme have shelved the vanquish project and Dave Jones is not (yet) building his aston kit either, I am also thinking of getting the Ash Mart Kit on a Jag XK, but there is a lot of chat on the internet suggesting Carkitinc may be scammers. Has anyone on this forum actually seen a completed ash mart kit?

Or has anyone heard of any other builders offering an Aston Martin kit.

dangerrous

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #395 on: May 03, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »
Dave Jones was displaying and taking orders for his Aston Martin kit at stoneleigh. Although I didn't speak to him, there was plenty of interest in it, especially the electric hood.
D

f360

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 07, 2010, 12:09:11 PM »
Hands up anyone interested in a vanquish on the XK8 , as extreme are not going to be doing their kit I am in discussions with a supplier at the moment to try and get kits imported to the uk and would like some feedback on who would be interested as I can negotiate on the price based on quantity.
The kit is not as accurate as Extreme its probably more of a tribute but at least you will be be able to get your hands on it soon if all goes well and the doner is plentyful and high spec to start with.

davecymru

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 07, 2010, 01:45:41 PM »
Anyone comes near my XK8 with a bodykit and they're getting a slap! :)

In all seriousness i love the style and shape of my XK8 over the newer ones and even some of the Astons, although i do see why it makes sense to base a kit on it. i.e.

old XK8 & DB7 - both based on old XJS platform
new XK and DB9 both based on a join developed Ford aluminium platform.

mr2kits

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #398 on: May 08, 2010, 01:02:45 AM »
Dave Jones was displaying and taking orders for his Aston Martin kit at stoneleigh. Although I didn't speak to him, there was plenty of interest in it, especially the electric hood.
D
Yes the car was on show with Aston Martin's permission, and yes there was lots of interest, but for the record - we were not taking orders.

gordog45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #399 on: May 08, 2010, 10:17:09 AM »
Hey F360,
I'd definitely be interested in a Vanquish on the XK and was also thinking that there would be money to be saved on quantity orders if a few people were interested. Would depend on the kit though, the ones I've seen like the Ash Mart Kit and the vanquish replica being offered by exclusive tuning worldwide/fibreglass.de are pretty good but dont represent anything like the accuracy of Extreme's Ferarri and Lambo Kits...Unfortunately its an Aston Martin I want, I'll never be able to afford the real thing and it looks like no-ones going to build an exact replica so guess I'll have to settle for something that looks "good enough".
Keep me posted on your progress because I definitely want to get started on my kit some time this year.

f360

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 08, 2010, 02:10:46 PM »
I will keep updates comming as I get them, but will be looking for a little more interest before committing to this project after which we will be building a car for those who are interested to come and see thanks for the feedback so far and keep it comming.

janman92

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 08, 2010, 03:06:10 PM »
so there wont be a mr2kits aston right?? because aston martin did not allow it ,right??

gordog45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #402 on: May 08, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »
The impression i got from mr2kits was that there would hopefully be an Aston kit later in the year using the same donor car (celica) but there were copyright issues with the current kit. Mr2kits posed on here recently so perhaps he can shed some light on the matter.

I hope that it has only been abandoned temporarily, because his kit looked good, I'm just dying to see anyone in the UK get a good aston kit finished and available for sale!!

HAR888

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 08, 2010, 04:41:42 PM »
The impression i got from mr2kits was that there would hopefully be an Aston kit later in the year using the same donor car (celica) but there were copyright issues with the current kit. Mr2kits posed on here recently so perhaps he can shed some light on the matter.

I hope that it has only been abandoned temporarily, because his kit looked good, I'm just dying to see anyone in the UK get a good aston kit finished and available for sale!!

no, he (Dave Jones) clearly said on the other forum that he will NOT offer the kit due to legal problems with Aston Martin. He plans to do something different with the Celica now. He also said the car he showed at Stoneleigh was there with approval from AM but only as a one-time built..there won't be any kits or turnkeys. So forget the Dave Jones car - it's not gonna happen!

janman92

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 08, 2010, 06:48:17 PM »
damn! such a shame
it looked so sweet......

Advert