Author Topic: Extreme Vanquish  (Read 131521 times)

HAR888

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Extreme Vanquish
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 05:27:16 AM »
hmmm..I was a big fan of the Vanquish...but I must agree to some other posts...the price is dropping and to be honest it does not really to make sense anymore. If an AM...then it should be the new One-77 which sells for more than a million...
http://www.one-77.com/

pboniface

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »
yeah, the price may be down at the moment.. credit crunch and all that... but property prices being what they are, someone can afford cheap properties, reposessions, auctions etc... once the credit crunch is "over" those people are going to make an awful lot of money... then the prices of powerful supercars will go back up again....

give it 6 months, see if the V12 vanquish S is still affordable for us mere mortals :-)

Scott

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - scott@splitbus.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 12:37:45 PM »
The price of the car is dropping as is all supercars, however you have to factor in running a REAL one..

The cost of ownership, i.e you have to service the real thing for it to retain any value, mpg, insurance through the roof.

The cost of the vehicle itself is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of supercar ownership.

Do an AM I want one ;)

Scott

bobeto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 03:49:56 PM »
Me tooo!!

fletch100

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 10:43:17 AM »
i do understand that the running costs will be low but there will be less people willing to make a kit when it costs close to the real deal price as like in the case of scott he is doing his murcie build to make a bit of cash. that means someone will buy it off him now if the price of a real one is close to that it wont be worth as much. if you think also the F355 they are worth complete 8 grand as a replica. it would cost more than that to make especially if labour cost were added in to it. the lower the price of the real car you will be halving the price of the replica. no one in their right mind would pay close to the price of a real one for a replica just because the running costs were lower.

Darkeyesuk2000

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 06:40:05 PM »
how much will scotts murci be worth when its done?
Lazymans guide, the lazyway to learn.

www.lazymansguideto.com

fletch100

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 07:50:44 PM »
i'm not sure think he is selling it for £25k with the painting and trimming still to do. so £30k - £35k maybe even £40k i dont know really what they go for.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:46:51 AM by fletch100 »

Darkeyesuk2000

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 08:58:46 PM »
personal oppinion for what its worth, if he stuck the camry v6 in there with a blower he could push 35 to 40 grand?

www.lazymansguideto.com

Darkeyesuk2000

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2008, 11:24:08 PM »
Extreme any ideas when the vanquish will be ready?
how much work is left to do?

www.lazymansguideto.com

coughinblood

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 02:43:41 PM »

I have to constantly remind myself......Stick to a model...Stick to a model.... :-\
Gosh, so many kits ...so little time! :P

stevewushu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 10:52:56 AM »
Hi Extreme,

I've heard from other Kitcar/replica builders that perhaps you have dropped the vanquish replica project? due to cost of production for the kit and donor car price compared to falling costs of genuine car?

Please tell us this isn't so?

Darkeyesuk2000

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 12:17:44 AM »
I hope this aint so!

www.lazymansguideto.com

pboniface

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 10:03:58 AM »
nooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'll end up having to go to carkitinc for the Ash-Mart kit and hope to god they aren't a scam  >:(

dazm1050

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 11:56:01 AM »
dont know if i'm supposed to say this but i've been told by damian that it's currently being moulded, and that was a few weeks ago so maybe we'll see something soon!

also incase it hasnt became public yet, they have the LP640 parts

sorry if i wasnt supposed to say this but it's news i've been waiting for and i think a lot of other people have too!

Argus X575

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 01:18:58 PM »
nooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'll end up having to go to carkitinc for the Ash-Mart kit and hope to god they aren't a scam  >:(
I have emailed them twice with questions (they are in Alabama and I am in Florida) and received a general response email, informing I would receive a call once someone got to my email.  The last one I sent was back in  Aug '08.  Called them once around 11pm to check for a company voicemail a guy picked up but when I asked for the a made up name and said that it was the number I was given he only informed it is his personal cell phone. No mention of the company.  I googled their company and it is actually next door to the actual address they gave.  All in all I wrote them off as a fraud.  You can determine on your own.  I am saving my cash for my replicas.

Advert