Author Topic: New Wheels  (Read 3925 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Wheels
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:20:55 AM »
AT LAST.. my new wheels have come for my smartie.. I would defo NOT recommend getting them off a certain seller on ebay. They have overcharged my credit card and also managed to pay one of there own bills on it as well !!! + over 3 weeks its taken for them to appear.

anyway attached are a couple of pic's of my work in progress smartie.. not long now :-)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:25:28 AM by CdRsKuLL »

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Wheels
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 07:31:23 AM »
Also I dont have much to do.. I have a slight oil leak but I think on first look its coming from the oil sump cover extreme modified so that might need to go back.. need to get it up and have a good look first.

I  need to clear all the F.I error codes on my engine, order my cables and get an exhaust made up.

that's about it :-)

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 08:36:26 AM »
looking good! Wheels suit it well.

Your install looks much lower with a smaller engine cover box than I remember ashs car being. Is the gsxr engine a significantly more compact unit or is it just the angle of the pics?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:38:19 AM by Drew355 »

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 11:09:04 AM »
The GSXR 1000 engine is quite alot smaller than the 1300 haya one.. I can lift the gsxr one myself. It runs 150bhp as stock but mine's been pulled off a track bike and it seems to have had additions :-)

I have had it running but without an exhaust its quite loud and the exhaust wrap I've put on is smoking like hell.. lots of black smoke comes bellowing out if it.. just need to burn it off ;-)

Go on m8.. u know you want one !!!!!

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 12:36:37 PM »
Id love one!!! There is nothing else on the road that can provoke such a reaction of utter disbelief!

I just have too many projects and nowhere near enough time! Getting sensible now and sticking to one at a time. May consider buying and selling a complete one inbetween projects though, just to have a play and have some fun!

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 12:52:51 PM »
yep glad to see your on with your 355 again.. about bloody time to be honest !   ;D

just do an hour a night and before you know it job's done :-) I know my smartie is only a very small job but I've only been doing a few hours a week on it and its come right long.

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »
who was the ebay seller?? Name and shame before others get cought. Dont you pay using paypal??

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 01:35:58 PM »
seems they have changed there ebay name. I got a quote inc tyres for 599.. but when I called they said for an extra 75 quid on top I could get some proper continental types.. which I did. It was done outside ebay over the phone. Glasgow the company they were from. Paid via Virgin Money credit card who have been very helpful over the last few days.

Steve

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »
All the F.I error codes are gone :-) .. got a guy coming to look at my exhuast today.. one step closer !

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 03:53:40 PM »
Huzzah.. well chuffed. Exhaust man came round and he's going to do my full exhaust for £100 all in :-) and it will hide behind the original bumper as well.. doesnt get much better.. should be ready in two weeks.

Steve

Advert