Author Topic: Not just content with one kit !!!  (Read 4859 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Not just content with one kit !!!
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:44:27 PM »
Well since I am unable to do alot of work on my murcie as I've now gone and got myself a job.. dont worry Its being done by Jon.. I will still need to do the trim and I dont think the rebuild was part of the deal.. so need to work something out on that..

anyway. not being content with just talking and seeing it once every week or so I decided to go and buy a smartcar ready for fitting a nice engine into.. 2 good things about this.. 1. its a cheap fun project.. 2. it fits in my garage and I will be able to walk all the way round it.. lol

So I am now a proud owner of a poorly smartcar which will be with me by the weekend. Its going to sit in my garage for a bit. I might have a play and strip down its engine and see if its a easy fix, but other than that its awaiting Extremes SMK (smart kit!) or whatever he decides to call it :-)

I paid £1500 for the car and £200 to have it collected and delivered to me (over 150 miles away) so dont think its a bad price at all. I am hoping to recover the £200 by selling the engine.

So nothing much going to happen yet.. Through my new job I'm very lucky to have access to a fabrication shop so this I'm sure will come in VERY handy ! :-)

Steve

EXTREME

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Not just content with one kit !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »
I should take more people in it, every one that has been in it says I NEED TO HAVE ONE!!!  It is one of the best toys I have ever had and cheap to run

EVANS MOTORSPORTS

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:04:59 AM »
Nice one Steve,can`t wait to see the metamorphis take place with a big `busa motor.Well done Ashley on the speed frenzied sales technique!.................

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 01:28:18 PM »
I should take more people in it, every one that has been in it says I NEED TO HAVE ONE!!!  It is one of the best toys I have ever had and cheap to run

Yep I too had the Smart experiance!!! I have never got out of a car with such a HUGE grin on my face! We went out saxo & corsa chav hunting & the looks on other drivers faces as we leathered it past them with the engine screaming to the 11k red line was a picture!

I got out of the car with a huge grin, bleeding ears (this was pre sound deadening), smelt the faint whiff of hot brakes & immediately went round the back to look for the warp drive!

Quite an amazing piece of kit & it wheelies too!

Just need to work out how to put my mobile phone footage of the experiance on youtube!

wywywywy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 12:45:27 AM »
Just curious, can this be fitting into the Smart roadster?

neemo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 05:01:23 PM »
Hi CdRsKuLL

i apologize for hijacking your post, but do you have a price list, and composition of the kit please.

ive emailed extreme on their website, but no answer as of yet.
ive got my eye on a poorly SMART car on fleabay right now
and looking forward to the challange

also are you going to do a build diary on it!

good luck on both your builds, you must be mad!

cheers neemo.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 05:07:42 PM by neemo »

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 09:50:44 PM »
Hi m8, no price on the kit as yet but I dont expect it to be loads. I got the smart as it was cheap as chips and with 0 previous owners in tip to condition.. well except for the engine. Its just going to stay in the garage for now until I get osme free time..

Steve

Scott

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - scott@splitbus.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 09:39:44 PM »

Hi Mate,

I am torn at minute as I am after a cheap run about, cant decide weather to go for a 406 coupe or smart car for future conversion ;)

Scott

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 10:23:27 PM »
Well if your doing a murcie like me then I would recommend the smart as you can use it everyday.. shopping / work etc and no one would think any different.. well until you rev'd it and put your foot down that is. I found when I had my dna I couldnt use it for everyday things, you have to treat it as real as thats how most people will see it. With the smart your at the other end.. people dont even give them a second look, will maybe to laugh.. lol but who will be laughin last now !.. lol

Steve

Kraythorne

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 10:35:34 PM »
Wow just seen this and I want one!

The missus says I can have it as long as I make her the 360 first *sigh*

oh well, looks like I'm stuck doing the 360 first - I will now have to put a picture of a smart car on the fridge to give me some incentive to finish the 360 :D

dazm1050

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 03:26:29 PM »
How's the smart coming along? i'm interested in getting one of these so do you have any more details about it, total costs, how much work is involved, etc.
i did email extreme but they want £3.5k to fit it if i provide the car and engine. is it possible to buy a kit and do it yourself?
want to keep it as cheap as possible as its only going to be a bit of fun while i'm saving up for a real project

Advert