Author Topic: ferrari 430.......left and right side drive.  (Read 4862 times)

elite23

• View Profile
    • Email
ferrari 430.......left and right side drive.
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:54:21 AM »
I am interested in purchasing the F430 replica and I live in the states. Im curious as to whether or not the replica can be made on for the leftside drive.

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ferrari 430.......left and right side drive.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 09:07:58 AM »
yes it can but only on the MR2 . You dont have the Peugeot 406 coupe in the USA. Where do you live as Extreme's MD has his brother living out there

elite23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 07:39:35 AM »
I live in new york. I am very much interested in purchasing a fully built kitcar.

merando

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 01:12:19 PM »
i live in egypt and i have 406 coupe leftside and i wanna fully kit 430 for it ...and about building easy or want an expert ???

Argus X575

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 04:09:02 AM »
At this time Extreme is working on the MR2/Mk2 version for those who want a mid-engine version (250bhp) as well as for us in the States who want the kit but without access to the 406. So far I have been checking into it and will not post current findings in this thread as it is not appropriate.  With that said the word so far is Extreme is looking at doing the interior for the 430 but I am sure they will have it ambidextrous for any of our uses (US or UK); yet as for the kit itself going on there is no specification as it is fitted on the outside and the interior bits are not going on the dash or center console (interior roof, door cards, optional 2-seat converter) mainly on the outside. If you would like to get a little more detailed info you can check out XPERT360's Youtube vids or hit the Extreme site and go to the 360 (build is very similar to 430) and go to the Q&A as well review the section for prices.  The listing should give you an idea of what will go where but if unsure just ask one of the more professional Gents whom will be glad to help and I will do the best I can.  Have a great morning and enjoy your day.

bowser330

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 05:38:24 PM »
I live in new york. I am very much interested in purchasing a fully built kitcar.

A good knowledgable friend of mine told me the steps of how to do it...

(1) Source a LHD 406 form Europe or ask Extreme if they can for you.
(2) Pay them to build the kit on the car and finish it off
(3) have them ship the car to you WITHOUT the drivetrain (engine+trans+etc)
(4) Customs *should* allow it, as you would declare it as a custom body shell
(5) Transplant the NYC smog certifiable engine and transmission you bought into the Extreme body.
(6) In NYC register the car as a "custom built" car (which it is because the frame is customized as is the body panels as is the interior, etc.)
(7) If any problems arise with this plan please place all blame on Argus X575. ;)

Argus X575

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 06:15:15 AM »

A good knowledgable friend of mine told me the steps of how to do it...

(1) Source a LHD 406 form Europe or ask Extreme if they can for you.
(2) Pay them to build the kit on the car and finish it off
(3) have them ship the car to you WITHOUT the drivetrain (engine+trans+etc)
(4) Customs *should* allow it, as you would declare it as a custom body shell
(5) Transplant the NYC smog certifiable engine and transmission you bought into the Extreme body.
(6) In NYC register the car as a "custom built" car (which it is because the frame is customized as is the body panels as is the interior, etc.)
(7) If any problems arise with this plan please place all blame on Argus X575. ;)

LOLOLOL-  Good one!  So far this is sort of a rough draft but what I have so far.  I am still working on a few details though which I will put in the topic "To Pug or not to Pug."

MrGCanada

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 03:14:56 AM »
hey guys im new here. im in Canada and i have been a following Etreme for some years now and as soon as i saw Etremes 430 kit i jumped into my research. you guys are right the 406 isnt available here (not yet.) in Canada if a car is a certain age you can import it no matter what make or model (strange rule but it works for me) so as of next year MAY i believe you can legaly import a 1997 peugeot 406 coupe in Canada. and for the guys in the U S dont give up. im sure you can find a friend in Canada and have your car registered there while you drive it in the states "only while your on vacation of course" wouldnt want to give anyone the wrong idea of bending import laws now lol

zero2sixty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 06:54:42 AM »
If Extreme is doing the 430 on the mr2 how come they won't do the 360 mr2 version. Also since they made it clear the 406 is a better donor for the 360 why would they do it on a mr2? Do you think the dimensions and overall look will be accurate? Isn't the smart and best choice is to import the 406 for either the 360 or 430?  <----- directed towards argus  8)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 07:33:59 AM »
Some people would prefer a rear engined car hence the MR2 Donor. It would need something similar to the Murcie build where you need to move the rear subframe back to obtain the correct wheelbase. I do believe it uses the pug406 screen however to obtain the correct windscreen look.

Steve

Argus X575

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 05:25:58 AM »
If Extreme is doing the 430 on the mr2 how come they won't do the 360 mr2 version. Also since they made it clear the 406 is a better donor for the 360 why would they do it on a mr2? Do you think the dimensions and overall look will be accurate? Isn't the smart and best choice is to import the 406 for either the 360 or 430?  <----- directed towards argus  8)
Hey there dude, yeah as for the dimensions inside/out can not beat the 406, which is why I remain persistent on using the 406.  As CdRsKuLL informs the rear wheel drive mid-engine may draw much attention as some prefer the added horsepower as well.  I spoke with Extreme's brother once via email (nice chap) while he was in Canada and he did mention he came across one 406 there.  I have lost his email as I was trying to buy a build DVD for the 360/430.

Extreme, from last I remember, was going to do moulds of the dash and possibly center console for the 430 which would be for the 406 version.  I do know that if you go for the MR2 version then  if Extreme does not do one (not sure why they would not) then it should not be hard looking into one of the kit car companies out there. Hope you are saving as I am, as I noticed the price for the bond and fit price went up from £2000 to £3000 (which Extreme informed us of back in Aug '09.

Advert