Author Topic: Wheel Question  (Read 3215 times)

Kraythorne

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wheel Question
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:29:40 PM »
Extreme360 referred me to this site from the kitcar forum, and whilst I'm not yet an owner - I do have a 406 coupe and a saw!  ;D

I've already decided to rip up the front garden and concrete it over to hold a makeshift garage (Good call fletch) and I'm drawing up a list of ancillary bits until I get the DVD from Damian. I'm also making sure I give my Fiancee due attention up to our Wedding in October in order to make sure it does actually happen

So anyway, the question I have is to do with wheels.

Will the 360 build take :

19" Jag XK8 wheels

Rim width: 8J Front, 9.5J Rear

The front tyres are 245 / 40 / 19
The rear tyres are 275 / 35 / 19

my coupe already has 17" OZ fronts with spacers and 235/40 tyres, and these rub the inner arch at full lock so are 19" 245's too wide?

Also wondered about the 275 rears - I think this is the Default for the 360 at 18" but didn't know if the 406 arches would take 19" at 275

Lastly, will wheels/tyres this large reduce the effective power transfer to the tarmac - in other words would a smaller wheel/tyre configuration give better performance without looking too small for the car?

Cheers

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 11:04:13 PM by Kraythorne »

Kraythorne

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wheel Question
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 11:03:26 PM »
Bumpety Bump

Sorry to be a pain guys, but if someone can let me know if the extreme 360 can take 19" rims with 245/40 Front tyres and 275/35 Rear, I'd appreciate it.  ???

I have a chance to get a set at a good price, but don't want to be lumbered with a set that wont fit.  :-\

Thanks  ;)

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel Question
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:59:10 AM »
Based on the sizes I believe are on the extreme demonstrator (8.5" 245/35/20 front and 9.5" 275 35 20 rear) you should be ok. The fronts are almost the same radius (less than 1mm) and the rears are slightly smaller radius (by about 13mm) on yours.

All of the wheels are pushed out with spacers and the car is lowered, so something that fouls on the standard car may not on the kit. Also there are some mods to areas under the arches to give you more clearance and the lower suspension arm shape is changed.

I can get spacers made up for the jag wheel for you no probs, I have jaguar alloys (19" 'custom' ) on my 355 rep.

I am looking to make a list of all wheel set ups that we have on the extreme cars and put it on here, so it will be an easier choice for future builders. I will start another thread for others to add their wheel sizes, tyre sizes and spacer dimensions and eventually pics so new builders can see what the wheels look like on the car.

Kraythorne

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 10:19:20 AM »
Great Stuff!

Hopefully I can still get hold of these and I will post some pics  8)

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »
yep 19's are fine. although GTO posted something up here this week regards fouling on the fron arches. he's got 19's up front too, so have I. :-\

GTOpower

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 06:40:23 PM »
yep 19's are fine. although GTO posted something up here this week regards fouling on the fron arches. he's got 19's up front too, so have I. :-\

I think I have found the problem, the steering might need adjusting as it turns to far into the arches. I think I read somewhere that the track rod ends need swapped over from opposite sides.

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 11:10:10 AM »
ah, i think your right. I remember Ashley telling me to swap the left and the right around and put in upside down. Maybe Extreme can confirm

Kraythorne

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »

Kraythorne

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »
Just picked these up.

OMG They are MASSIVE!!! :o

All wheels and tyres look brands new too.

;D ;D ;D****Happy Bunny**** ;D ;D ;D

Advert