Author Topic: Extreme USA  (Read 4228 times)

Nova88

• View Profile
Extreme USA
« on: October 24, 2009, 08:22:16 AM »
So how many Extreme fans do we have in USA??? I am getting my founds and hoping to pick up a kit for my self by next summer (trying to pay off some of debt by Christmas) and wanted to see if there area any others that are working to build there kit.

Name: Alex
City/State: Spokane WA
Proud parent  ;D

PS:
Nova

Doohanfan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Extreme USA
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:15:49 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to this post. I just read your message. Did you ever buy the replica? If so, how far along are you in building it. I'm in Texas & would really love to see the car once it's finished. Heck, I'd love to se it in any condition!

DoveUS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 04:13:25 AM »
Also Stateside... I'm a Brit living in Chicago working for Homeland Security and Emergency Management.

DoveUS

EEES

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 03:39:53 AM »
I am in Atlanta, and I would also like to do a build or find a builder who can assemble. Has anybody in the US had any luck?

teha99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 03:29:20 AM »
HEllo, I too am in the USA and wanted to buy a part build from extreme for a while now. I as of now have no occupation, just turned 18 ans in my senior year in high school. Saved up a lot of money for this... :)

I live in New Jersey, and have not had any luck getting any response from Extreme, stinks, they are the only ones who have a decent looking kit.

Slobodan600

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »
I'm new from Cleveland, OH. I have always wanted to build a kit ,I've been researching kit cars for over 5 years and I'm hoping to start one soon. I hope eXtreme does something like DNA and teams up with a US builder/shop.

EEES

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 12:40:16 AM »
I talked to them the other day, and they said they had a donor car they could send assembled to the USA. I may do it. I know I will be paying a premium, but at least it will be done right. If I try to do it myself or have Jim Bob's repair do it, it could take years.

teha99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »
I also talked to them. They will have a donor car from france for LHD and gave me a quote of about 19,000 Euros which is a bout $26000. That and they will pay for a ticket for me to go to their shop before they ship the car to the US. Total should be about $28,000. Not bad at all, and certainly not premium.

bowser330

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »
I also talked to them. They will have a donor car from france for LHD and gave me a quote of about 19,000 Euros which is a bout $26000. That and they will pay for a ticket for me to go to their shop before they ship the car to the US. Total should be about $28,000. Not bad at all, and certainly not premium.

so it was 28K$ USD for JUST the donor? Please tell me its nearly a complete build?

See the problem is this gents, I just looked over the EPA.gov and the DOT.gov websites for how to import a car. I have good news and bad news.

Bad news is , if you bring in a car thats already assembled its considered a "vehicle" and as such it needs to be imported using a registered importer (they charge you fees) to sign off on it, the "RI" has to get a list of parts (wheels, indicators, a bunch of stuff) that the US doesn't deem worthy and all of those parts need to be replaced, (more fees). You will not be able to get your car off the dock without fixing these issues, and paying out of the nose.

Good news is, you can import a kit car body and its considered "vehicle parts" you can then import the bare LHD frame/chassis and again its considered parts. I never intended to use the Peugeot drivetrain anyway so i dont really care, also I will be changing the wheels anyway so essentially what im saying is you want to import the body and chassis here and assemble it here in the states.

You then register the car witht he DMV as a kit car, part of this process is taking the car to the BAR referee station and getting it stickered as to what year the car is considered. They do it one of two ways (1) if the body kit clearly resembles a particular car (haha, extreme is too exact, no way they wnt think its damn REAL) they will issue the date as the first year the 360 modena was built, (2) sometimes if its not easy to tell what the car is, you can register it based on the age of the engine block, a lot of kit car tuners put in old ass engines into the cars so essentially they have no smog requirement, because the engine was before 1970 or something like that...

anyway, just please do your research about the rules an regulations of importing a car not built in the US....its not just as easy as shipping it over here and driving it off the dock.....I wish it was easier, I want a 360 bad!

MR2_355

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »
Hello from the Sunshine State ( Miami, FL.) and I'm also new to the site and to the eXtreme kit.  I'm looking for information on the F33 kit as I will be getting my hands on a 91 MR2.  Are there any USA distributors or will the kit need to imported?

Thanks in advance.

raulsolorio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 03:24:43 AM »
Hi, I have some business in Miami and Mexico, so I often travel to both countries, in Mexico they use to sell the Peugeot 406 Coupe from 2001 till 2005, so I bought one for around $12,500 (2001) and then ask the guys at extreme for the 360 Kit, they took a long time to send it and finally when they did it was incomplete!!! they send it most of the parts but this far there are still some missing parts and they don´t answer emails, phone calls nothing.. any way, I contact a guy here in Mexico and hi is building my Kit you can see the picts on my post, so if you want we can arrange something so I can buy for you in Mexico the donor car and send it to you (i mean it´s more cheaper than send it across the ocean from UK) and you can contact Extreme to buy the kit and have it built in the States, or maybe I can talk to my guy and ask if he can built the kit for you in Mexico and then send it to USA, contact me if you are interested.
Regards

Advert