Author Topic: car wont turn over ?  (Read 2127 times)

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
  • no cookie crumbs in this baby
    • View Profile
    • Email
car wont turn over ?
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »
Hi All,

Im about to start me car again after an 8months break and I have a problem...  I've connected the battery back up and all the lights come in the car but when i turn the car over I can hear the belts turning but the engine wont fire ?

The car is not finished but I just wanted to turn it over so it didnt seize ?

I seem to remember stevo having the same problem and it was ane arth or something to the fuel pump  ??? ???

Anyone got any ideas.

Cheers,

Kieren

EXTREME

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Re: car wont turn over ?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 04:21:06 PM »
Hi Kieren, your back as well !!!!! 2 In one week
Check the earth wires are connected in the boot area I think there are about 4 of them.

stevo

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:04:41 PM »
Hi Kieren, your back as well !!!!! 2 In one week
Check the earth wires are connected in the boot area I think there are about 4 of them.

ha ha, very funny ash, i noticed you have gone extreme!!! with a smart car, my mate has done the same with a rascal van, entering the "scum ball ralley 2010". nice to see your still plodding on. you got any supprises up you sleeves!!!

hi Kieren, I had the same prob and ash said it was the earth, behind the driver RH Drive where the rear seat belt mounts. just behind that theres an eatrh cable clamped, well i found i had removed that when i removed the rear screen earth connector for the heate rear screen, and that was the problem, the earth is for the fuel pump, easiest way to check, the earth cable is located within the footwell of the rear seats, lift the rear seat base and you will find it, splice the cable, and run a jump from the neutral off the battery, 10 to a penny it starts!!!

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
  • no cookie crumbs in this baby
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 11:11:07 AM »
Hi All,

Cheers Ash / Stevo

Yeah im back I've finished all the work on the house for now and the nipper is 3 months old, so I can venture off and do my own thing within reason  ;) hopefully i will have my car finished this year  ::)

I've just got my driveshafts in and have just put new track rod arm ends / anti roll bar arms and ball joints in to save any further work.  Just got to cut the top mounts to allow for the wheels to correct themselves and the front suspension can all goin.

Ash,

I seem to remember Rob mentioning something about the track rods going in upside down is this the case or can the just go back in as per the original layout  ???

EXTREME

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 02:49:35 PM »
Leave them the normal way up just swap one side for the other side. So you have the left in the right and the right in the left

Advert