Author Topic: Extra Parts Required for Murci Build...  (Read 20793 times)

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Parts Required for Murci Build...
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 11:17:53 PM »
i started at £50 lower, then they counter offered and i offered a tenner less than that from what i remember; )lol

Kray,

I looked at the clarke stuff as i have always had clarke welders previous, but this chinese stuff is just soooo cheap!! Some people say its crap, but myself and Evans have used it without problem upto press.

Cheers

Scott

So what was the final price & did you pick it up from them or get it delivered, I just want to see how far I can get the price down as I am picking up ;D

I already have a good mig welder so I will probably stay with that. I looked at the clarke plasmas but they were well outside my price range. I will only really be using it for cutting thin sheet so I think the cheap chinese stuff should do ok. I like the idea of the seller being close too, so I can take it back if anything goes wrong.

How much are the tips & how often do you change them

aak1203

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile

michelle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 01:42:19 PM »
I need to how much a steel space frame will cost for one of these kits ? this will need to fit on to my 91 mr2.

Scott

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - scott@splitbus.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 06:15:43 PM »
The steel work comes with the kit!!

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 07:29:23 PM »
why dont people bloody ask extreme???????????
This is a site for OWNERS.

Stupid tyre kicking kids, pick up the phone and phone Extreme. Nobody on this site sells anything for Extreme.

Muci-man

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »

Stupid tyre kicking kids, pick up the phone and phone Extreme. Nobody on this site sells anything for Extreme.

wow, have a cry!

due to the popularity of car owners clubs, prospective owners can come to the club seeking information, parts, advice ect. it usually makes for good community relationships, when people help each other out like this.

why be on the offensive when this happens, its not like these forums are the only place where non owners come, I am an active member of a couple of different owners club forums, and never encountered this type of attitude.

besides, if noobs didnt come here asking questions, these forums would be quite..... bare to say the least? what would the conversation go like? "I have the Murcy replica..... do you?"

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
no, but I have 2 Ferrari 360's. 
Why cant people understand that questions regarding supply or cost have nothing to do with us on here and everything to do with Extreme.
If "Michelle" could read and did his or her homework, then that type of question would not have been asked.
And for your info, I can assure you that I have done more than my fair share of advice on these pages and youtube.

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 10:20:36 PM »

wow, have a cry!

due to the popularity of car owners clubs, prospective owners can come to the club seeking information, parts, advice ect. it usually makes for good community relationships, when people help each other out like this.

why be on the offensive when this happens, its not like these forums are the only place where non owners come, I am an active member of a couple of different owners club forums, and never encountered this type of attitude.

besides, if noobs didnt come here asking questions, these forums would be quite..... bare to say the least? what would the conversation go like? "I have the Murcy replica..... do you?"

If a website is for general info or lots of kit car chat then great, 'noobs' do provide good conversation and keep the forums busy. This website was however made for owners building the kits to keep in touch, organise meetings and share ideas and build tips. We dont have a problem with people asking questions about the kits, but asking where you get the frame for under the body just shows you havent even bothered to look on the extreme website.

Apologies if you got a slightly frosty reception, but as the kits are getting really popular there are lots of newbies asking really basic questions that are answered on the extreme website. At the moment we are trying to work out how to keep this forum on track and keep it useful for the actual extreme owners using it. There are lots of non owners on here that clearly have taken the trouble to research the cars and which contribute information and are definetly part of the forum, so its difficult to know what to do, but we dont want the actual owners to loose interest in the site due to constant basic questions that should really be directed to the extreme website e-mail.

I think it will just be a case of adding more prominent links to the extreme website and something that requires newbies to access the extreme website and confirm they are aware we are for owners and all sales questions should be directed to extremes mailbox.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I felt this needed saying.

Muci-man

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 11:20:03 PM »

wow, have a cry!

If a website is for general info or lots of kit car chat then great, 'noobs' do provide good conversation and keep the forums busy. This website was however made for owners building the kits to keep in touch, organise meetings and share ideas and build tips. We dont have a problem with people asking questions about the kits, but asking where you get the frame for under the body just shows you havent even bothered to look on the extreme website.

Apologies if you got a slightly frosty reception, but as the kits are getting really popular there are lots of newbies asking really basic questions that are answered on the extreme website. At the moment we are trying to work out how to keep this forum on track and keep it useful for the actual extreme owners using it. There are lots of non owners on here that clearly have taken the trouble to research the cars and which contribute information and are definetly part of the forum, so its difficult to know what to do, but we dont want the actual owners to loose interest in the site due to constant basic questions that should really be directed to the extreme website e-mail.

I think it will just be a case of adding more prominent links to the extreme website and something that requires newbies to access the extreme website and confirm they are aware we are for owners and all sales questions should be directed to extremes mailbox.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I felt this needed saying.

Thats fine thanks for the clarification Drew355.

I just thought calling newly interested people, "tire kicking kids" because they made a mistake, is a little off putting to say the least. I know I am a new member myself and I wont be asking questions until looking thoroughly for the answer myself, but if I did and got a response like that, I would probably go somewhere else.

but anyway, sorry for going off topic.

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 10:26:51 AM »
No problem, I understand both sides. With the popularity of this website & the number of new members we are getting we just need to make them aware that we are the owners club & extreme do the info about how the kit is built & the selling.

If people have any suggestions drop me a PM.

Maybe an FAQ section which I/we can write to inform all newbies & then if we do get relatively basic questions (which is understandable if you just typed murcielago replica into google & joined to find out more) any of us can direct them to read it.

pfiesr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 01:35:15 AM »
to the guy about the plasma cutter... Hobart make a SWEET plasma cuter w/ built in air compressor just plug it in and run it in the u.s. they go for around $800.00

dr.sumitsolanki

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »
Steve any chance of making this Sticky!!

Just thought I would add the list of parts from other motors you need for the extreme Murci!!!

Save myself looking for it on the other forum!!!

[/u][/b]Stuff in full kit but optional if you get body only[/u][/b]

Exterior door handles from Extreme (£200)
Door hinges from Extreme (£200)
All gas struts (engine cover, doors, front boot),     £80
Headlights from Extreme (£500 replicas)
Various pipework for engine move
Various suspension components from Extreme,       £300 this includes new lower arms and suspension spacer, using this means you can use a 1 ½ inch front spacer
Interior pack (this is closure panels so you can carry on using the MR2 dash and centre console. this does include the seat modification parts.)
Handbrake cable extensions

Extreme also offering TRACK ROD END EXTENSIONS / 2 X REAR TRAILING ARMS other than suspension spacer and lower arm.
Does Extreme lower arms ans suspension spacer prevent the use of wheel spacer...????? ::)
What is the use of track rod extension / rear trailing arm..?? ???
Sorry..I know nothing about suspensions and all.. :(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:20:04 PM by Drew355 »

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 12:26:30 PM »
The track extension on the front brings the MR2 hub out further so the steering isnt affected by having a big spacer on. They dont bring the hub out to the same as the murci as you will still need a hub stud converter (spacer) to switch the MR2 stud pattern to the stud pattern you need for your new wheels i.e. lambo.

The engine and rear suspension hubs have been moved back by 10" in the conversion. The MR2 uses a lower arm with a trailing link that keeps the arm located. The trailing arm is fixed to the main body so when you move the engine etc back, you also have to extend the trailing arm by 10". All these parts are in the kit as supplied by extreme. The rear wheels do require a spacer or deep dish alloys.

edge garage

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - www.matty99dun@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 06:00:32 AM »
What model Golf are the repeaters from and are the fog lights and high beams from a golf too?
and are genuine side repeaters from the Murcie used on the wings???

Advert