Author Topic: Side Window Problem  (Read 2185 times)

Sparky

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Side Window Problem
« on: May 05, 2010, 12:13:44 PM »
Firstly, sorry if someone has already asked this.  I am building my 360 on one of the last 406 coupes (a 2003 MY).  Its nearly there but I have an issue with putting the side windows (door windows) in.  Having stripped the door down, the inside of the door is different to that of the door shown on the disc, I have watched the DVD at least 20 times and paused it and rewound it etc etc and the mechanisms shown on the dvd do not resemble what the inside of my door looks like!  A friend of a friend used to work for peugeot so I asked him and said that there was a small facelift from 2002 MY onwards (when the engines etc changed) which included some minor interior tweeks so the door mechanisms may well be different.

Has anyone built their 360 on a 'facelift' 406 coupe or got any advice they can give fitting the side windows?  Cheers James.

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Side Window Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 06:40:05 PM »
Firstly, sorry if someone has already asked this.  I am building my 360 on one of the last 406 coupes (a 2003 MY).  Its nearly there but I have an issue with putting the side windows (door windows) in.  Having stripped the door down, the inside of the door is different to that of the door shown on the disc, I have watched the DVD at least 20 times and paused it and rewound it etc etc and the mechanisms shown on the dvd do not resemble what the inside of my door looks like!  A friend of a friend used to work for peugeot so I asked him and said that there was a small facelift from 2002 MY onwards (when the engines etc changed) which included some minor interior tweeks so the door mechanisms may well be different.

Has anyone built their 360 on a 'facelift' 406 coupe or got any advice they can give fitting the side windows?  Cheers James.

can you post some pics and the main problem that you are having. Is it the fact that the holes in the glass for the aluminium holders are different?, have you removed the safety bar inside. compare the original glass to the plastic one. they should match in curviture but should be shorter in length. Remember you may need to bend the arms or extend the ball joints that go into the nylon bushes that are held in place with Cir-clips

Sparky

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Side Window Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:07:56 AM »
Thanks for getting back.  The door is stripped down now, so not sure if a pic will help.  Basically the main problem is the kits supplies a large metal runner which is meant to bolt on to the window and act as a runner. Its has holes that line up with the new glass but I cant get it to fit any way I try. Thing is no one else ive seen building one of these has mentioned it anywhere. When we first started building it I asked Ashley what the part was and he said it was needed or the windows wont work????????  I have asked him again via email and haven't had a response.

Advert