Author Topic: Smart car wiring..  (Read 2330 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Smart car wiring..
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:36:22 PM »
Right this is more a reference for myself and is very open to questions and suggestions..

Because your ripping out the engine and sticking in another one with its own wiring I'm trying to get things working as they should.

I have now removed the engine and ecu and this is whats going on..

Lights (signal / brake / lights) all working
Radio working
No instruments are working (fuel / temp etc), cant test speed
No horn
No fuel pump

With ECU plugged into car via small ecu plug

Working fuel guage
Working fuel pump (red pipe is feed , white is return, other is a breather-not needed).. petrol all over the floor.. lol becareful
Horn working

I need to connect a battery charger to the alternator / starter cable to see if it turns off the red light yet, but too much petrol around at the mo, dont fancy a spark.. lol

So I have the temp guage to look into. I am also going to buy a trickshifter 2.. this will link upto the center gearstick / flappy paddles for changing up / down. There site is at http://www.trickshifter.com/index.html and I'm working on a deal to see if we can get a discount here.

I still need to find a electrical diagram for the smart to see whats needed to get the temp guage working for the water and what wires are needed for the trickshift to marry up..

more to come.. ideas / comments please.

Steve

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Smart car wiring..
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 08:01:55 PM »
Still playing about with this. Wont really know until I get the donor bike here. In the end I just want something that looks stock.

Advert