Author Topic: Kieren's build Diary  (Read 12407 times)

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
  • no cookie crumbs in this baby
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kieren's build Diary
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 09:08:59 PM »
top mounts cut and modified and roof line all flattened and etch primered.  That should get rid of that bloody crack  :-\

stevo

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 09:17:08 PM »
top mounts cut and modified and roof line all flattened and etch primered.  That should get rid of that bloody crack  :-\

looking goo mate, dont forget to fill in the indent where your old door surround pushed on, keep up the good work, brings back good memories.

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 03:30:06 PM »
already filled them mate.

I've made a new lip that follows the contour of the rear quarter so the roof skin and post but upto the trim

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 06:52:37 PM »
Well I decided to fit my rear suspension and do the top mount adjustments today to clear the floor of some parts  ::)

Nigel,

I remember when you fitted your suspension Ash mentioned something about a piece missing ?  I kept all my pieces together and the only thing I can find is the middle piece in the photo attached is this the piece Ash was refering too ???  I have put it in between the original mount and the extreme one and it doesnt seem to sit right which leads me to belive Im missing another piece  :-\

bumped for Ash too see ;)

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 11:16:00 AM »
Can anyone help with my passenger side driveshaft  ???

I think im missing something that goes between the gearbox and the piece in my hand  ??? ??? ???

The side facing my palm I think is the outside of the piece and the face with the rubber seal going around it faces towards the box.  However when I come to marry the part up to the box you would think that it would push into the box but it actually sits on top of the box meaning the lip you can see with the rubber seal around is still on show.  Im pretty sure this is not right as the 3 grooves around the part would let the gearbox oil seep out. 

I never took the shafts out my mate did and he is working away at the moment so im stuffed.

Any1 got any ideas ???

Kieren

Managed to sort the problem last night  ;D ;D ;D

When you bolt the part up it slowly pushes the extruding piece into the box.

Managed to get all my suspension, lower arms, driveshafts, hubs, trackrod ends and antiroll bar arms all fitted last night. ;D ;D ;D

GTOpower

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »
Can anyone help with my passenger side driveshaft  ???

I think im missing something that goes between the gearbox and the piece in my hand  ??? ??? ???

The side facing my palm I think is the outside of the piece and the face with the rubber seal going around it faces towards the box.  However when I come to marry the part up to the box you would think that it would push into the box but it actually sits on top of the box meaning the lip you can see with the rubber seal around is still on show.  Im pretty sure this is not right as the 3 grooves around the part would let the gearbox oil seep out. 

I never took the shafts out my mate did and he is working away at the moment so im stuffed.

Any1 got any ideas ???

Kieren

Managed to sort the problem last night  ;D ;D ;D

When you bolt the part up it slowly pushes the extruding piece into the box.

Managed to get all my suspension, lower arms, driveshafts, hubs, trackrod ends and antiroll bar arms all fitted last night. ;D ;D ;D

Time to take it for a test drive, you get some strange looks driving around in an unpainted 360...I should know :)

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »
still got to get it started I think the starter motor wires have correded so they need a clean as it clicks to fire but nothing happens ?

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 07:14:13 PM »
Has any one had any problem with the wiper motor re-location ?  I've moved mine but the lower arms seem to foul the plastic etc underneath.  ???

Any ideas.

I'll try and put some pic's up tomorrow now its warming up.

clones r us

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2009, 07:10:14 PM »
the builds looking pretty good there , but not sure how the hell all these roofs are cracking, I do hope you havent stuck the roof on with sikoflex like some other builder once did with his 360 rep, that was a totall cock up, if you use bonding paste there will be NO issues, Ashleys demo car and my cars were fine, my last 360 did 12k miles I live up an horendous bumpy road, and drive like a bat out of hell and never had any cracking at all, so its seems very strange?

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 05:28:31 PM »
H Clones,

No I bonded mine on as per Ash's instructions.  From what i can remember when i butted the quarter upto the roof i didnt leave a very big gap and each time i leant on the roof it just cracked so i dug the original filler out and cut a deeper groove then bonded it and the crack aint come back  ;D ;D

Im hoping to get a load of work done to the car end of Feb as I have a week off with all the car factories shutting down etc hopefully the weather will be a bit a warmer too.  If all goes to plan i could be ready to go to paint.  But I probably wont do that until it warms up cause it just aint that warm in my garage.

clones r us

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »
glad you sorted it out, if you need any help dont be afraid to ask, good luck !!

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »
Woo Hoo I have my first week off this year and work is about to commence on my build after nearly 8 months sitting there... 

Ash/Damain I just dropped you a mail requesting a new build DVD.  When you get a chance I would be grateful if you could send me one as im working on the wiper motors etc now and it would be great to watch the dvd and jog my memory again as I cant seem to find my other one ???

Im off down the garage now as it will probably take me the day just to tidy it up again and sort all my tools out.

alien1

• Extreme Owner
  • Complete musclehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 10:15:22 PM »
good to see you back at it mate! keep up the work!

dcookie monster

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2020, 02:02:09 PM »
Hi All after a very ... very  ... very long delay including 2 house moves getting married and several jobs I find myself with some time on my hands to hopefully start building my car again, thankfully it was dry stored for a long time and has managed to survive with no major issues other than pads ceasing and discs pitted.  First things first what parts are still available for the car i've seen a few posts where everyone seems to be making their own parts, I never got around to buying a fake engine but im guessing these are impossible to pick up now.

Having read through some of the posts i think mine is probably V1 with a lot of people eventually found real glass to put in the car as i still have the perspex type that come with kit.

Will no doubt be picking some brains over the coming months of those still building or finished so any help is much appreciated.

dads360

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2020, 08:15:07 PM »
Welcome back, I been working on mine for the last ten + years. We must have the same distractions.

Advert