Author Topic: Power folding mirrors  (Read 2366 times)

heresjonny

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Power folding mirrors
« on: December 28, 2010, 09:46:48 PM »
Does anyone know anything about power folding mirrors? ie do they work via the ecu? or are there any that could be stripped out and fitted into extreme 355 mirror cases and hard wired into a switch to fold? I'm happy enough to strip them down and make them fit  ;) just not sure about the wiring side of things?

any advise please  :)

redone355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Power folding mirrors
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »
Does anyone know anything about power folding mirrors? ie do they work via the ecu? or are there any that could be stripped out and fitted into extreme 355 mirror cases and hard wired into a switch to fold? I'm happy enough to strip them down and make them fit  ;) just not sure about the wiring side of things?

any advise please  :)
Hi Paul,

I'f your MR2 comes with folding mirrors there will be a specific relay under the steering wheel near the floor, right hand side.  The you obviously have the folding mirror switch on the driver side door controls.

If you don't have folding mirrors fitted then you'll need the relay, the switch and the folding mirrors.  Not sure if there is a bit of electronics in the door controls or if it is just a switch.

Cheers.

fox_man_chris

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »
I used to have an FTO that had folding mirrors. I even wired then up to fold in and out when the central locking was used with a few simple relays. The mirrors were quite small and could easily be stripped out.

redone355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »
If you have a look on the MR2 owners club web site knowledge base there is a good article that tells you everything you need to know. It has loads of colour photos as well.

The URL is www.imoc.co.uk/forums/kb.php?move=article&k=92

Cheers

redone355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »
If you have a look on the MR2 owners club web site knowledge base there is a good article that tells you everything you need to know. It has loads of colour photos as well.

The URL is www.imoc.co.uk/forums/kb.php?move=article&k=92

Cheers

Just tried the link and it doesn't take you direct to the articles.  Click on the link and when the page opens do a search for "folding mirrors" and you will see a couple of good articles.

Cheers

heresjonny

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 11:18:51 AM »
many thanks guys...  :)

Advert