Author Topic: AIG1355 Tarting Up Diary  (Read 30211 times)

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
Re: AIG1355 Tarting Up Diary
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 06:05:41 PM »
Hi Folks,

Been down to the car and taken a few pics of current progress. Can't take any pics of the front inner arch modifications as the wheels are straight and the steering wheel has been removed so can't get a shot.

The metalwork housing the stereo/hvac unit will have to be relocated as its currently stopping the dash going forward to the windscreen. The doorcards aren't exactly contoured to the door inners and they've slightly warped during their years in storage so there will be plenty of fettling ahead.

Rich

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 09:47:01 AM »
Wow looks great Rich what a difference ,great to see some progress well worth the wait ,cheers jd

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 08:03:56 PM »
Hi Folks,

Small update. The guys are tracing all the wires. Little difficult as they have no wiring diagram for my Japanese import N/A, just a UK and part of a US diagram but they are getting there. They have made some modifications to the metalwork behind the dash to allow the top part of the dash to sit up to the windscreen. They have also figured out most of the Ferrari gauge wiring. The gearstick has to be cut and re-welded in a different position too. Slow progress but the guys are not phased. Progress is progress.

Rich

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 08:11:49 AM »
Wow like I said last time it looks amazing what a transformation from the mr2 dash and door cards, I hope it gets done for next summer would be great to see it at some shows , jd

4u2nv

• Going going gone !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 09:08:19 PM »
Dito that ;)

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »
Hi Folks,

Another small update, we have a working rev counter, guys struggling with speedo at the moment but we'll get there.

Rich

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 03:30:49 PM »
Looking good fella :-)  I've got a wiring manual I can upload for you if it will help?  Not sure if it covers the NA import but it's helped me loads identify how I'm going wire everything up :-)

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 03:41:17 PM »
Hey Rich good news on getting the Rev counter working ,it will look fab with the Oem clocks in , I recently got a 355 off Steve which iv now sold to a friend and we hav just fitted an Oem dash into that the clocks are our next job ,and then the air vents ,we are hopeing we can maybe get the vents 3 d printed ,jd

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 03:57:08 PM »
Rich, from all my reading there are two types of speedo's.  You can either have a cable running from the gearbox into the back of the original dash clocks or a electrical pulse from the gear box.  If it's the cable version then the clocks themselves generate a speed pulse from the cable, this is then fed back to the ECU, mines this type. If it's the pulse type you should be able to pick this up from the wires behind the clocks.  If you do have the cable version you can swap out the sensor in the gear box to an electrical pulse version. Might need to write a microprocessor to convert the pulse to the correct type for your clocks. I might be able to assist in this. I'm using the pulse at the back of my clocks to control my bat wings / spolier on my murci.

Let me know if I can help ;-)

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 04:57:55 PM »
Thanks guys, mine is electric rather than mechanical, I have contacted Nick355 who has oem gauges working in his but it is a Turbo, he will try to find his documentation for me, if he can find it then hopefully we'll be there, he did need to convert the signal for the 355 gauges.

Cheers

Rich

4u2nv

• Going going gone !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 05:44:17 PM »
Looks like your getting there and I'm sure all this head f**k will all be worth it in the end :)

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 08:50:57 PM »
Hi Folks,

No pictures yet but there has been some progress.

We now have a working speedo, the guys are now waiting on some plumbing for the oil pressure gauge.

The wiring has been in their words a "total nightmare" but the end is in sight. Soooo glad I did not attempt this myself.

She was running on lowering springs with OEM shocks and was sitting too high for me. New coilovers have now been fitted and she is as low as she will go, just waiting on some braided brake hoses to finish off.

Has anyone had any issues regarding setting up the steering Geometery? The guys are asking if I have any details re the setup (which of course I don't).

The guys reckon there is now only 20-30 hours left to complete the fitting of the dash and doorcards before everything is removed and sent off to the trimmer.

As soon as I can get to the workshop I'll take some shots.

Rich

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 11:57:12 PM »
Great news rich ,looking forward to the pics, jd

Lee355

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 01:41:10 PM »
Great news rich can't wait to see it all done not long now I haven't done my speedo yet it's my job this week mine was cable so I need to fit a transducer to the box nd run wiring in also I bought them little boxes for the fuel & speedo the fuel one works a treat I hope the speedo one does too the temp guage I just bought an oem sensor nd that works a treat too ????

AIG1355

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Temujin Restaurants
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2016, 02:16:13 PM »
The guys sent me a couple of pics of the new front and rear shiny bits  :P

Advert