Author Topic: Latest project  (Read 4450 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Latest project
« on: March 07, 2011, 11:43:29 AM »
Well.. having found my Vectra leaking oil from the crank (gearbox side), I decided it was time to get shut. I've been looking out for something about £4k.., and ended up buying this! Cost £3500 + £100 delivery.

So.. during the week I've only had time to look round her and ordered what I thought I might need.

1 wing - £33 (delivered) eBay
1 OS strut - £28 (delivered) eBay

I've managed to get them both fitted this morning but I also found out the my other strut is bent slightly and it needed some new pads and disc's. Picking up some Mintec pads and discs about 2pm today and the other strut should come tomorrow fingers crossed :-)

O yeah and I forgot to mention I spent £550 on some ST wheels with tyres.. lol opps

More to come.. loving it !

Steve

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Latest project
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »
Nice one  ;D .......Not tempted to make it an RS yet then??

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 11:54:45 AM »
GOD.. don't tempt me. It would be the ideal time to be honest as it will prob need a good part of it painting!!

lol sadly I'm completely out of money.. unless Ash decide's to send one over for free.. (I could always say I've already paid for it.. lol) It's not going to happen anytime soon.

Steve

XPERT360

• Extreme Owner
    • MSN Messenger - buddyrees@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 01:30:01 PM »
will it work on a four door then????

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 02:04:34 PM »
Not yet............. ;)

Not much chance of a freebie after a comment like that steve!!!  :o

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 02:57:35 PM »
:-) It's only in jest... I feel sorry for him, all the people trying to take advantage.. would proper pee me off.

New disc's and pads fitted. Also removed the good strut I fitted this morning, why ?

shhh... just ordered some lowering springs, don't tell the missis !!

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 03:26:53 PM »
Yeah I know you were only joking!

How much were your springs? I was really surprised at how cheap coilovers were for the focus. I suppose with it being such a mass produced car the prices come down much more.

I found full set of coilovers at £197 inc delivery from uk. No idea on quality mind, but thought they would be worth a try at that price?

New copy RS alloys inc tyres are going for £549 inc tyres (18's though rather than genuine at 19") I prefer the look of the ST alloys, but an RS looking car with ST alloys is going to make it look like a replica. Not decided if 18's rather than 19's will shout copy either though?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:31:31 PM by Drew355 »

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 04:27:07 PM »
I paid £120 inc delivery for some Apex 35mm drop. After a bit of reading it seems thats your limit before you start causing extra wear on your tyres.

Just got to wait now for them all to arrive.... dum de dum.. I hate waiting.. lol

My ST wheels were 18inch with tyres / nuts / locking nuts.. to my door for £549 (bit cheaper than the £3k I spent on my murci.. lol). Next day which I was amazed at.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:29:03 PM by CdRsKuLL »

janman92

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 06:31:52 PM »
it's amazing how cheap cars in general are in the uk....
i could only dream to get a focus for that price here in germany
unfortunatley we ( or you ^^) are driving on the wrong side....  :'( :( :'(
i would have bought a supre tt loooong loooong time ago...

besides i intend to do the same as you cdrskull but i want a golf 5 if possible also slightly damaged and then i want to convert it to a r32
muhahaha....^^

EXTREME

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 07:14:24 AM »
I have done front and rear RS bumpers to fit a standard focus Steve, the sills will be next so no arches needed if you don’t want to fit them. do me a pic of it fitted and painted for the site and you can have one. its been moulded now

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »
Sounds like a fantastic deal to me.. although my car will be in blue (same colour). If your ok with that then just let me know whats needed. :-). I will even do a fitting manual for you with pics etc..

Steve
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:29:00 PM by CdRsKuLL »

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 11:02:57 PM »
one step forward.. two back.. lol

Well I've now replaced both front struts as they were bent. I've fitted some front PI lowering springs and it's now dropped to a nice height. I went for a little drive to the petrol station tonight.. thinking I've done whats needed for its MOT BUT.. I found out that the accident has taken out the OS wheel bearing as well :-(

I will try and get a replacment tomorrow but I do have other concerns...

If the accident has taken out my strut and bearing.. will the Hub (knuckle) be ok.. I cant decide if to buy a new bearing for £50 and dismantle / press it in, or if to purchase a full hub and bearing secondhand off eBay. which is again £50..

Other than the whining from the wheel it seems to drive ok.. no major pulling to one side although my steering wheel doesn't quite sit straight. Once MOT'd I will take it to be four wheeled aligned.. that should tell me if it's straight or not.

slow to sure...

Steve

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »
well a bit more tonight done :-)

I picked up a new bearing / hub today and tonight in the drizzle I've removed the knuckle and its now ready to be pressed out and a new one pushed in. I am hoping the local garage here will help do that job for a tenner.. fingers x'd

MOT is booked for Monday! and they wanted £200 to do my bearing.. hence the DIY job.

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 09:48:42 PM »
well just got back in after fitting my new (secondhand) knuckle and bearing, my local garage tried pushing my old bearing out and managed to bend the knuckle hence the secondhand one now fitted!!

Went out for a drive and it's still not right :-( I'm getting a clicking / knocking on full right lock when pulling away and I'm getting a slight wheel shake at 70, anyone got any clues? I'm thinking the driveshaft / cv joint might have taken a bang and put it out a bit. anyway MOT tomorrow so we shall see. O yeah and a squeaky brake on the passanger side when not braking if you can understand that!

On the plus side it doesnt seem to pull to one side at all but it doesnt centralise as much as I expected but the steering is in sports mode what ever that is.. lol

Pics to come soon :-)

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 08:29:55 PM »
Hi larryslust,

Yep completely agree :-) I think I will replace both drive shafts when I get chance. Also I think one of my calipers is sticking a bit. I'm getting a rubbing noise.. sort of a squeal from the passanger side, but it disappears the moment I press the brake.. not to loud but I can hear it.

Good news is it passed it's MOT today.. although its come back with 16 Advisory items.. Some are a bit silly like non original and not ford wheels fitted... and front wipers streaking slightly on the screen.. and offside headlamp bracket has been repaired, still secure... whats all that about.. lol talking about trying to cover your arse..  at least I know he's been through the whole car !

Did my first mod this morning.. for some reason Ford decided to put footwell bulb sockets and wire them all up but dont put bulds in.. .So I put some bulbs in and bingo.. footwell lighting.. lol

I need to fit my rear springs this weekend then I can get it 4 wheel aligned, couple of driveshafts and job's a good'un. then its body work time :-)

Advert