Author Topic: MOT time  (Read 2988 times)

fox_man_chris

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
MOT time
« on: September 06, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »
I'm getting my 360 ready for the MOT but need a bit of help. Overall there won't be any issues but I have taken my car to a Peugeot stealership to sort my engine rattle. I don't normally use dealers but wanted an expert to sort the problem out. It turns out it had jumped 3 teeth on the timing but it's fixed now.

He showed me the new longer steering arms which have been welded and said that this would be an automatic MOT fail as you can't alter them. He said the only option is to get custom made new ones. Has anyone else had this problem and what advice would you give. Is this really covered in the MoT?

Extreme Sportscars

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MOT time
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »
Good to hear you got the engine sorted. Should sound great now with the exhaust. There shouldn't be a problem with the mot regarding the steering arms. Its an adapter that is used which screws into the original steering arm and then the ball joint screws into the other end of the adapter. This extends the steering arm by 2 inches. Like the ball joint this adapter needs to be locked in place. Unlike the ball joint which needs to be adjustable from time to time the adapter does not have a locking nut and needs to be fixed permenatly therefore screwing the adapter into the steering arm and then welding it aswell makes it more secure then the ball joint itself which only relies on the locknut. i would of thought they would of also mentioned the wishbones and driveshafts as they have also been adapted and welded. The full kit to adapt all these is supplied by extreme and we have not known them to have any problems with mot failures. If you've got any further inquires chris you can alway ring me as im always available.
Extreme Sportscars
enquiries@extreme-sportscars.com

Snobear

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 05:30:30 PM »
Sounds like an interesting configuration - any chance you could post a pic up of it please? I'm not at that part yet but I will be soon enough.

Its not something I'm looking forward too, there's a lot of reports of the wheels scrubbing the arches which is an MOT fail...:(

fox_man_chris

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 05:40:36 PM »
I'm sure my car is the first with the new extended drive shafts. This makes the wheel more central in the arch and with the right spacer stops wheel rubbing. Everything else with the car is perfect and the new one piece nose cone that Waz built makes servicing the car so easy as it all comes straight off with only 8 screws.

Extreme Sportscars

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 06:55:30 PM »
Heres a pic of the kit that is supplied by extreme . The part on the the left is the adapter for the front top mount that moves the top of the suspension out by 2 inches and back by 2 inches. The large piece on the right is for extending the driveshaft and the smaller piece is the adapter for the steering arm.

Extreme Sportscars
enquiries@extreme-sportscars.com

Snobear

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 02:37:09 PM »
Thanks for the pic, it makes a little more sense now.

elpis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 04:40:31 PM »
hi mate i am have a extreme kit also but i did not get this kit i try to contact extreme several times but no reply ,could you please make a paper mock up of the left  adapter so i can cut a metal plate and drill the wholes correctly ,i can pay you with PayPal for your time . Please help . also i remember when i asked extreme that  the suspension  should go back 1 quarter of an inch and not 2 inches ?

Heres a pic of the kit that is supplied by extreme . The part on the the left is the adapter for the front top mount that moves the top of the suspension out by 2 inches and back by 2 inches. The large piece on the right is for extending the driveshaft and the smaller piece is the adapter for the steering arm.

fox_man_chris

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 11:50:51 PM »
Call a company called damptech or auto transformations above. They will prob have a plate knocking around and can give you the exact dimensions or may Ben be able to make you one cheaply. To measure it I'd have to take the front end of my car off which will have to wait a while until I get chance.

Advert