Author Topic: Grab a bargain: Extreme 360 project with all parts for sale on Ebay  (Read 3263 times)

T8RSO

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Guys

I have a comprehensive 360 kit+ 2 donor cars (metal work completed) + seats + genuine rear grill to sell: EBay item number 110846490702

I have the following:

Every single panel and hinge required to complete the build

All the windows and lenses

2 seater conversion kit

Dummy engine

Sports seats

Genuine Ferrari challenge rear mesh grille

2 x donor cars

All the metal work (cutting and welding) has been done to one of the cars which is an 03 plate with only 31,000 miles

The other donor car is for spare parts

Do not have time or space to complete the build

Please pm me if interested, need a quick sale

Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXTREME-360-KIT-CAR-Hard-work-done-extra-donor-car-ferrari-red-and-extras-inc-/110846490702?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19cef7384e

Meverik

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Grab a bargain: Extreme 360 project with all parts for sale on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:42:52 PM »
5000 starting price!!! It is bargain? New kit from extreme is 3000 + 300 glass + 600 engine kit = 3900. Your price maybe is not very high but it is not bargain mate.

T8RSO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 01:06:53 AM »
Thanks for spotting that Maverick, thats actually a typing mistake. The starting bid price is actually £500[/b, I didnt even notice my mistake until you pointed it out.

p.s Your sums are a little off the mark though mate

The extreme kit costs £3995
The windows cost £325
Two seat conversion cost £300
Engine costs £600
Genuine Ferrari rear grille cost £700
Donor car 1 (2003 plate, 31,000 miles, clean history) cost £3000 (today)
Donar car 2 cost £700
Bucket seats cost £150
Cutting and welding labour cost: £2000

Total: £11,770

Now it begins to look like a bargain, especially with a £500 starting bid
At the end of the day guys, this has to go so i'm open to offers ... just not ridiculous ones  ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:11:58 AM by T8RSO »

rogertheshrubber

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
was gonna say..would've been more than reasonable given the work that's already gone in to the donor along with the extras and a car for spares which would have been a major bonus during my build!! Good luck with the sale and if there's any chance you'd consider selling your drop glass and lences seperatley give me a shout as i cant get get hold of these for love nor money!! ::)

Meverik

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 07:24:39 PM »
No mate
When I ask about the price 3-4 months ago it was (when I bought year ago it was the same):
kit 3000
windows 300
Engine 600 and two seat conversion free
Donor car... who buy car for donor for 3k??
Second car is not necessary (if donor have 31k miles and 2003 plate why you don't sell second car separately?)
Cutting and welding 2k? Labour in extreme is "Cars fully bodied, ready for paint from £1500"
For 11.000 you can buy ready to drive extreme 360.
For my car I spent 6,5k (for everything).
I didn't saw you change auction. Sorry for that. Starting price is 500 but you have reserve.
Anyway good luck.

T8RSO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »

Hi Maverick,

Are you ok?

You're English is as bad as your maths

Please take another look at the extreme website you will see there that a full kit from extreme (panels only) costs £3995 and the prices for the windows and engine are as I quoted earlier. Unless of course you know something nobody else does  :o

[urlhttp://www.extreme-sportscars.com/360/kits.html][/url]

The reason I bought an expensive donor car was to ensure it had a perfect history and low mileage to reduce the possibility of problems arising in the future. Most people buy a cheap donor car, often one which has been in an accident; then spend thousands putting an expensive kit over it. My thinking is that if you are going to spend money making the exterior look good, its better to ensure the base from which you start is equally as good. For me there's little point in having a great looking car that spends most of its time in the garage being repaired.

The reason I have bought another donor car is simply to use for spare parts, to me that’s logical as these projects are not as simple as they seem and mistakes happen even with the most experienced of builders. Anybody who has built one of these will testify to the fact that the build DVD is a good “guide” rather than a fully comprehensive manual. Possessing two donors serves two purposes. (1) You can use spare parts and (2) you get the chance to trial a procedure to ensure your technique is totally correct.

The reason I have not chosen to sell the 2nd donor car separately is to increase the desirability of the project and make things easier for whoever buys it. Selling two cars creates a lot more value for money than just selling one. (I thought that’s was obvious ...but maybe not)   ???

Mav … Not really sure what you’re problem is or what you are getting at here mate, but these cars are very nice when finished and some of the things you say do more to devalue the product you "claim" to have more than anything else.

Nevertheless, you are entitled to your opinion and by continuing to post; you're at least keeping the topic live (despite the poor maths, terrible English and inaccurate information)

To Roger: I had to wait a long time (close to a year) for the windows and lenses so I know your pain. Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge with us, unfortunately because I know how hard it is to get the windows I'm a little reluctant to sell them separately as I know the kit becomes a lot less desirable if it’s incomplete. In any case ... good luck with the build mate

Mav ... Relax mate, if you “really” have your own car and kit then why are you so interested in mine??? Unless of course you're secretly interested in purchasing it and think that all the inaccurate and unnecessary slander will force me into a corner where I’m forced to sell the kit and cars at a ridiculously low price. Sorry to disappoint you pal but that’s not going to happen   ;)   

Until next time ...

Meverik

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 11:05:41 PM »
I'm not english, maybe my english is poor but I understand what you say. English is my 3rd language, Your I thing is first and only first.
I haven't any problem. If you write something on forum it is normal somebody will be commenting your post.
Extreme don't change website. When I bought my kit the price on extreme website it was the same what now but I pay 3k for kit (you pay 4k? You didn't ask this is last price?).
Side windows fit from A3, rear, and small one it is easy to make like headlight lens. I don't be waiting 1 year.
I don't want buy your kit, I just commenting your BARGAIN- it is forum.
I almost finish my car and I didn't need any help - With cut, painting, suspension modification, everything I doing myself and I don't need 2 cars. One car is still to much, we use half 406 :). I don't understand people like you. You spent 11k and you don't fit any panels on car. if you would finish you will be spent 20k? 25k? It is better buy original 360. But it is never happen, you never finish your car. You spent 11k and sell everything for half price.

T8RSO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 02:34:42 AM »

Hi Mav

If I spent £11,000 to get the car to where it is now and I sell it for half the money; then (by definition) it becomes a bargain for the person who purchases it from me. Especially if the person is superhuman like you and therefore able to do everything at minimal cost.

Finally we agree on something  ;D

Many thanks Mav, its been a pleasure

Cheers

MARKMAKAVELI

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 07:07:07 PM »
So in simple terms,

How much would it cost me to buy this and turn it into a complete 360? For arguements sake we can use the ebay figure as x.

fox_man_chris

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 11:00:31 AM »
Maverick:- I'm not sure where you get your prices from but the kit is £4k, windows, seats and wheels will be another £1-2k then you have to buy the donor at £1k. Your'e looking at well over 7k before you even paint the thing. When you add all the little extras on and if you have to pay a builder to do it for you you'd be in to the 13k region with out much trouble at all.

T8RSO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »

Hi guys,

Just to update:

Had the car on Ebay with a £4000 reserve. The highest bidder offered £3400 but turned out to be a time waster who after contacting me to arrange a viewing informed me that he really only had £2500 and hoped I'd be able to drop that low

I have decided to sell both cars with all parts of the kit for £3000.

I have priced it for a quick sale so please pm me if interested as I need to remove the car from the unit in which it is stored soon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXTREME-360-KIT-CAR-Hard-work-done-extra-donor-car-ferrari-red-and-extras-inc-/110854227121?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19cf6d44b1

Cheers

Advert