Author Topic: Mags 430 Build Diary  (Read 31284 times)

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mags 430 Build Diary
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2012, 09:01:03 PM »
Also lined up the drivers door and front wing and put on the front connecting panel on..

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2012, 10:19:53 AM »
Hi i'm thinking about the front end (wings front bumper and bonnet). Has anyone ever made the hole front as a 'clam shell' so if you need to do anything to the engine etc you can remove the hole front in one. This would need the bumper fixing to the wings and front panel, frame work making to take the bonnet hinges and wing metal supports.
brackets making to fix on to the struts so you can un-bolt at the top and i was thinking of un-bolting the front sub-frame  to re-move the hole front end..... would this work? would the wings clear the 406 body work?

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:29:45 PM by mag »

mark430

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2012, 11:20:24 PM »
hi mag,
looking good mate, not to sure but im positive kev at autotransformations does this, drop him a line and see what he says,
he might be a bit busy at moment though with his new business :) :)

fox_man_chris

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2012, 12:09:20 AM »
Hi i'm thinking about the front end (wings front bumper and bonnet). Has anyone ever made the hole front as a 'clam shell' so if you need to do anything to the engine etc you can remove the hole front in one. This would need the bumper fixing to the wings and front panel, frame work making to take the bonnet hinges and wing metal supports.
brackets making to fix on to the struts so you can un-bolt at the top and i was thinking of un-bolting the front sub-frame  to re-move the hole front end..... would this work? would the wings clear the 406 body work?

What do you guys think?

Yeah, I did this on my 360 and it works great. Just two bolts at the front and 2 each side near the wheel arches and the whole front end lifts up and forward. The light fittings are on extra long wires so once the front shell is off they just unplug. It's great if you need any work doing on the engine as some components can be hidden under the front arches.

fox_man_chris

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2012, 12:13:58 AM »

Obviously done before the lights were fitted.

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2012, 10:02:29 AM »
Great, thanks.

I was thinking of taking it one step further and having all the metal work coming off with the 'clam shell this way the tops of the wings would be supported with a joining box section and this may be able to take the bonnet. The metal that support's the wings would be attached  to the box and to the front sub-frame, so i was thinking of un bolting the front sub frame and then the box section off the strut support's, then the wings. then the hole lot would be out of the way, and hopefully strong.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:05:13 PM by mag »

mark430

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »
hi mags
saw these wheels and thought of u  ;) ;)  going to get these myself  ;D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251211827777?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2013, 08:14:38 AM »
Initial response was... Very nice, but 20's will be a bitch to fit.
Then I spotted the 19 front. :-) Good find!
The tyre sizes should work too provided you have taken enough arch material off the pug on the rear and the front metal is fully flattened.
Downside is the price... Ouch!

mark430

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »
l know but think will be definatly worth it in the long run will look the bee knees :) :) :) :) :)

Extreme Sportscars

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2013, 09:51:48 PM »
Like Drew said it would be a struggle with 20" on the front. We would advise to only go to maximum of 19" on the front. 20" should be ok on the rear though.
Extreme Sportscars
enquiries@extreme-sportscars.com

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »
Look nice :), but i don't like the price much :( have not done much on the car in the last few months. but i hope to get out there soon....

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2013, 10:16:11 PM »
Hi, guys sorry haven't done much in the last few months but now the weather is on the turn i'm getting all geared up again.

Just sat here thinking of what i need to do and was thinking about the side skirts.... is it  best to just have them bolted on or would it be best to bond them on fully? What have you all done?

CdRsKuLL

• Fat dude
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cdrskull@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2013, 10:21:26 PM »
Hi fella, I'm in the same boat as you.. haven't done anything the last few months but started back a few weeks ago now things are warming up. As for Sills.. same boat again! although this is on the Murci. I'm more swaying to bonding mine on before paint at the moment to make sure A. they fit right B. less chance of scratching my new paint. C. quicker build up  D.. Stonger  E. Can do all the underneath as well...

Although.. if they are not pre fitted then they are easier to paint. Think I'm going fitted.

Steve

Drew355

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2013, 01:17:35 PM »
All the 360/430 I have worked on or finished have been bonded in place. Seemed to have worked fine and wasn't really an issue at paint time.

I was planning on making mine on the murci removable though although mine isn't as far on as yours Steve so hadn't really got to that stage yet. The sills and cover arrangement lend itself more to making them come off on the murci but I suppose there isn't really any advantage to being able to remove them.

mag

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »
Thanks Guys I was thinking of bonding too.. just thought with out the side skirts on it my be easyer to jack up and work on the car...

thinking a head again, what should i do about the side air intakes, at the moment all the air that would of gone in the the F430 engine is going to be forcing the rear lights out! where is and how is the best way to duct the air/water out. Has anyone got any photos and ideas.

Thanks

Advert