Author Topic: Build thread  (Read 4124 times)

Paultomo

• View Profile
    • Email
Build thread
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:02:44 PM »
Hi there got a Peugeot 406  1998 and extreme 360 kit part built.Got it from a trader  in Liverpool who got it from a guy in Telford..Trader said he had DVD and all build paper work need to build this car ,but  he never did .Been struggling on came with wheel spacers and  wheels back ones no problem,front ones issue,Do you have to have the front suspension kit for it to workout.Got lots of parts  but guessing where they go.,Any body help,Paul

Alex360

• Extreme Owner
  • "You got a heavy foot"
    • View Profile
    • Acetech Security Limited
Re: Build thread
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 07:12:32 AM »
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the owners club!
You have come to the right place, please post some pics of your project, and you will find we are a helpful bunch on here. I am sure we can hook you up.

Cheers

Alex360

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 08:41:14 AM »
Hi Paul and welcome to the group mate , nice to see another build ,like Alex said we are all helpful on here ,once you post some pics to show its an extreme kit I'm sure most if not all your questions will be answered ,and there is a DVDs available ,cheers Jd  :)

Paultomo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »
Pictures of my project.

Alex360

• Extreme Owner
  • "You got a heavy foot"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 07:26:55 PM »
Almost done then I see ;)

Good luck with your build buddy. Whereabouts are you based?

Cheers

Alex360

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 11:32:30 PM »
Hey buddy... Welcome! Looks like the build is quite a bit on its way... If you need the video please send me a pm.. I can send you a youtube version, which is incomplete by the way.. However, i also got the latest dvd but i would have to copy it for you.. What are you gunna use for glass??

Paultomo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 07:12:59 AM »
Hi there thanks for the replies got the glass kit but have to buy a new screen and surround..Do you need the front suspension kit to make it work or could it bee the front bearing.One side gone on the near. side   not working

ferrari360jd

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 09:00:32 AM »
Hi Paul looks like you got a great starter project there mate ,as for suspention the very first cars left the lower arms and driveshafts standard also some guys just chopped the front springs  but the steering was aparantly heavy ,so to improve this they alerted the steering geometry as in caster angle which ment lengthening the lower arms and driveshafts and using different top mounts ,however some early cars just moved the top of the strut back in the turret which helped  but the early way means bigger wheel spacers also , hope this helps lol ,in my opinion I think your better off with the new suspention kit cheers Jd .

Alex may offer some advice as regards shockers as I believe he still thinks they are a bit to firm , I do no a company that can do shockers to your spec and there not stupidly priced ,

Good look mate looking forward to seeing another build , jd

Paultomo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 05:00:49 PM »
Hi the front wheel spacers are 85cm the driver's side went on with no problem The near side catching but there is a lot of play in the wheel bearing.

Paultomo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 05:16:43 PM »
Hi I am in Grimsby Alex360.paul

Alex360

• Extreme Owner
  • "You got a heavy foot"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 06:09:59 PM »
Hi Paul,

I am down in Essex, sounds like once you get the bearing replaced, you should be fine, tracking could also be slightly out tho.
I paid around a grand for the suspension kit from Extreme, including the offset wishbone conversion, but as I live down a potholed lane, I am thinking of getting air ride. If you haven't spent out on suspension yet, I would recommend air ride, EBay around £995 ish.
I could get a template drawn up of my wishbones and suspension top plates, if you have a competent fabricator who can make them, then just get them to skim down your spacers afterwards?
Or someone may know a place you can get them from pre-made?

Cheers

Alex

Paultomo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 07:55:27 PM »
Hi Alex got the front off at present time going to put new bearing in and wait till I get front back on .Theres  another chap in Grimsby who got a full extreme kit plus susspenion kit .Hes not started it yet ,and trying to sell it.Spoke to him last night ,he wants £1000 for suspension kit .He,s had it on eBay twice,doner car and kit £2700 plus extra for suss kit.I looked at it before I bought mine .He said he had DVDs , but lost them.No body bid on the car at the starting price of £2700.Paul

Paultomo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 09:40:22 PM »
Tried to pm dman1409 not sure if it will have come through my computers rubbish at times. Could it be possible to send me the link on here or email me misslizzie111@hotmail.com. Is it possible you could copy the dvd?

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 11:29:11 PM »
Hey Paul, i did not receive your pm.. I'll email you the youtube version... Cheers!

Paultomo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 09:55:15 PM »
Thank you looking forward to see it .Had a busy day on car today ,got both wishbones off going to cut and bend back 32mm and move top mount location.Don't no best way to lower the springs ,any ideas Paul

Advert