Author Topic: Help Required!  (Read 2489 times)

simonc64

• View Profile
    • Email
Help Required!
« on: June 20, 2016, 05:22:35 PM »
Hi guys, new to the site, new to kit cars and feeling very depressed !

Only a week after buying my first kit car - the Extreme Ferrari 360 Modena which was built (very badly it turns out), and is totally roadworthy, Im finding it hard to find anyone who can help me finish the project off?

I have some serious issues with the build quality, the engine cover looks terrible under close scrutiny, lodged on 2 pieces of skirting board, the interior leaves a lot to be desired - it still looks like a 406 but very shabby with what looks like old bathroom carpet.

I am no way capable of advancing the project without help, I was just wondering  if anyone on the site has any contacts that could - ive seen some great examples here, but mine looks nothing like those!

Cheers

Simon

Mickey_London

• Extreme Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help Required!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 06:06:19 PM »
Hello Simon
First off welcome to the forum.
Get some pictures up of her Matey.
There are plenty of people here that can steer you in the right direction.
Where are you from
Mick

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 07:43:11 PM »
Yeah pics help a lot to see what ur up against buddy... Welcome!

Alex360

• Extreme Owner
  • "You got a heavy foot"
    • View Profile
    • Acetech Security Limited
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 08:43:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum Simon,
Like the guys said, post some pics of the patient so we can help.
(At bottom of post screen, click additional options and browse for pic to attach)

Cheers

Alex360

dman1409

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 10:26:28 PM »
I also find photo bucket very helpfulll.. It works like a charm to upload pics om the forum with a smartphone...

Cheers

360brian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 01:19:23 AM »
Hi Simon, did you mean "totally unroadworthy"?

Personally I'm not keen on the imitation F360 engine tray. Some have used the an F430 engine moulding, which can look good. Others (me included), have used genuine Ferrari F360 parts, the plenums and more, here's mine and I'm very pleased with the look.

If you think your car has been put together in a bad way, I recommend you remove the interior door pillar covers (where the setbelts go) and have the welds properly assessed, for safety reasons and peace of mind.

Hi guys, new to the site, new to kit cars and feeling very depressed !

Only a week after buying my first kit car - the Extreme Ferrari 360 Modena which was built (very badly it turns out), and is totally roadworthy, Im finding it hard to find anyone who can help me finish the project off?

I have some serious issues with the build quality, the engine cover looks terrible under close scrutiny, lodged on 2 pieces of skirting board, the interior leaves a lot to be desired - it still looks like a 406 but very shabby with what looks like old bathroom carpet.

I am no way capable of advancing the project without help, I was just wondering  if anyone on the site has any contacts that could - ive seen some great examples here, but mine looks nothing like those!

Cheers

Simon

Advert